The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Charter Member

Default Gig bag suggestions for Rainsong Shorty? Updated

Update: For those just finding this thread, I went with the Gator Pro-Go Ultimate Guitar Classic gig bag. I've written a detailed review in the main guitar section and can be viewed here:

Gator Pro-Go Ultimate Guitar Classic gig bag review

Continue reading below for more suggestions/ideas.

I recently picked up a Rainsong Shorty APLE edition and I'm looking for suggestions on a nice gig bag for it. Truth be told, I'm surprised a company as large (by CF standards) hasn't contracted someone to manufacture and provide nice gig bags for their guitars like many of CF sellers do. To me, a CF guitar should come with a gig bag and then offer a hardcase as an option since by definition CF guitars are made to be tougher.

Anyway, I digress. I'm looking for a nice, quality case with at least a little padding, some pockets and shoulder straps. I've searched here and found a few threads but they are older so I'm just wondering if anything is new out there and what other Rainsong Shorty owners are using for their CF guitars.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Methos1979; 03-08-2016 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:35 PM

Mono M80 Classical/OM is a great fit and very protective.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Charter Member

Access Stage 3, small body acoustic...

http://www.carryaccess.com/gallery3.htm

If you like the excellent gig bag that comes with the Taylor GSmini, you will like this case.

I have a Stage 1 that I added a neck support to; not quite as stiff/thick as the Stage 3 (which comes with a neck support).

I have thousands of miles on land and water, hauling my Shorty around in the Access gig bag (the heavy hard shell case stays at home), and both are still in perfect condition. Perfect fit.

I agree with you - the light weight and travel friendly function of the Shorty almost begs for a good gig bag option from the factory. You will think the Access bag IS that option.

Jim
Old 03-05-2016, 03:50 PM

Default I bought a Reunion Blues for my Shorty

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...guitar-gig-bag
Old 03-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Guest 928

I purchased an Access Upstart for my X10-OSN which is close in size. I bought a Levy for my RS Parlor 12 fret, which is perfect for the parlor, a little tight for the Emerald.

The bags mentioned are not for serious, hard travel. They have enough padding to protect against surface damage and get me from my music room to local venues.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny View Post
Mono M80 Classical/OM is a great fit and very protective.
+1 for the Mono M80 Classical/OM. Perfect fit and a very stout bag. My Shorty travels in one.
Pisgah Woodchuck open back banjo
A few parts built Telecasters
Fender Thinline Cabronita Tele
Fessenden D10 Pedal steel
1954 National lap steel
George Boards Weissenborn clone
Old 03-05-2016, 10:54 PM
Charter Member

I have an Access Stage 1 with neck support that I don't need any longer. Great bag. PM'd you.

Last edited by jdinco; 03-05-2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Charter Member

I had my dealer order me RainSong gig bag from RainSong for my RainSong WS1000. It's a nice bag but not semi-hard like some more expensive after-market bags but the price was right at the time (2009): $75 list but $65 through my dealer. I no longer see a company store on the RainSong website (you could also order RainSong T-shirts) but maybe an email would get the necessary information for ordering a RainSong Gig Bag?
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 03-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for all the tips and the offer. I like the look of the Access Stage Three HB bags but apparently you can't buy them anywhere. Nothing on their website and searches on Google don't show them for sale anywhere. Very strange. Nothing worse then a poorly set up website for an otherwise great product.

Leaning towards the Gator G-PG Go Pro gig bag. Lot's of pockets for stuff and a neat system. And you can actually buy them! I'll keep this thread posted on which way I go for the next guy searching.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:12 AM

Elderly carries the Access Stage 3 gig bag
Old 03-06-2016, 07:22 PM

I have a Phitz bag for my Rainsong Black Ice Parlor. The french flag was the best price for me and still red white and blue.
The Mid-Size will fit your guitar. They are very highly rated on Amazon.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:34 PM

The Access Stage 1 bag is also a great fit and much lighter than the Mono but still quite protective. It does not come w a neck support but I'm sure one could be easily added w some Velcro!
Old 03-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Charter Member

As indicated earlier I went with the Gator Pro-Go Ultimate Guitar Classic gig bag. I've written a detailed review in the main guitar section and can be viewed here:

Gator Pro-Go Ultimate Guitar Classic gig bag review
Old 03-09-2016, 03:46 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Thanks, Methos! Great review and pics. I use a Levys leather acoustic bag. It's heavy duty and thus a bit heavy but it's protective... and looks great now that it's a little road-worn:

I would like to have a custom leather one made at some point. (We used to have a sponsor here that made the best looking custom bags but I don't think he's in that business anymore. Whipping Post Leather...) There's also Harvest... Anyone have one of their acoustic bags?

JR
Old 03-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Charter Member

Funny you mention Harvest! When I was checking out the offerings of Gator and Access, I noticed leather gig bags from Harvest on the Access website. They look VERY nice but also have a price that made it something I would not consider.

Here's a link to the Harvest page on the Access website:

Harvest Fine Leather Guitar Bags

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber