The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-05-2024, 06:50 PM

Default iphone5 question

Can the software on an iPhone5 be used w/o connecting it to anything (calendars, reminders, guitar apps, etc.)?
Old 05-05-2024, 08:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12FanMan View Post
Can the software on an iPhone5 be used w/o connecting it to anything (calendars, reminders, guitar apps, etc.)?
Hi 12Fan Man
Sure.

I even took mine off a cell plan when I upgraded and just used it to stream music, watch YouTube, and used it as an Audiobook listening device.

Hooked up via wifi to update apps and download books.

Got ride of the iPhone 5 and upgraded it to an iPhone 8plus when I upgraded my phone.

I do link it to all my other Apple devices for convenience (music, photos, shopping list etc).

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 05-06-2024, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12FanMan View Post
While you can have some functionality, that phone has no more support for security and functional updates. In information security terms and thought, it with any Android phone also past end of support is both of an attack surface and attack vector.

You can get fully supported great devices new and used for not much money so I would concentrate the efforts there.

This is a topic where some people will say or tell me their old stuff works fine but I work with it, networking and InfoSec at a scale where I see compromised devices and people often so suggest don't do it.

Good luck.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Tags
iphone