The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-16-2001, 12:12 AM

Post Doyle Dyke's Sand guitar

I got a chance to play Doyle's Sand guitar that he just traded in to Kirk Sand for his new model that Kirk just built for him. WOW! What a guitar. Now I know why Doyle likes Sand guitars so much. It is by far the easiest guitar I have ever played. In fact, it's the only acoustic guitar I've found that played easier than Taylors (that's saying a lot). Low action and a 1 7/8" nut which is probably a big reason why I liked it so much. Typical nylon string guitars have a 2" or wider nut that are just to wide for my small hands. I played a Chet Atkins medley that Doyle plays in concert on it. It's a very hard tune to play and I ALWAYS make several mistakes playing it. On the Sands, I've never played it better in my life, not one mistake. I was floored. This is definitely one guitar that can actually raise the level of your playing.

BTW, it sounded decent acoustically but fantastic plugged in and looked gorgeous. Check it out at http://www.sandguitars.com/doyle_dykes.htm

GL
Old 08-16-2001, 01:25 AM

Cool

Wow, too much.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification