The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-13-2024, 06:49 PM

Default Good Country Girls

A great Pokey LaFarge tune featuring Cindy Benjamin on washboard, Rick Benjamin, guitar and vocal, not seen in the video is Dale Taylor on upright bass, and Al Struck on lead guitar. Using my Audigo mic for the first time.
Hope you like
Rick
https://youtu.be/fhKEgnNqZQg?si=XMvYXXYsL7ISN27j
Old 05-14-2024, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

Hey Rick,

That sounded FANTASTIC! Great song too...

I'm a recent adopter of the Audigo as well. I tried it with two mics, which created a few technical glitches, and then realized it sounded about as good with one mic and was much more hassle free. I'm using it with the multi-track functionality a lot, since I'm mostly playing on my own. I'm REALLY impressed by how well it picked up all four of you sitting around in most of a circle. The only thing I think you needed to do with the iPad camera was to turn it from portrait to landscape mode and you'd probably have had all of the musicians show up and only missed out on the ceiling fan.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with my Spire Studio now. I doubt there's much market for them.

-Ray

Last edited by raysachs; 05-14-2024 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:43 PM

Default Thanks

Ray I was thinking that, but I had the app on my iPad which wouldn’t fit horizontally in the holder. I have since loaded and paired on my iPhone so that’ll fix that problem. I am absolutely digging the Audigo and its functionality, especially for video. That being said;
Regarding the Spire…. I have used the Spire extensively. For straight audio recording I’m still likely going to use it. I think the quality of the condenser in the Spire may be a bit better than the Audigo. Fortunately my wife spoils me so now I have both. I’m going to post an Oliver Wood tune I just recorded called Fine Line. I recorded it very quickly, but in addition to the guitar and vocal, I plugged in my uke bass for the bottom end. I think the Spire killed it for a recording platform.
Peace my friend and thanks for listening
Rick

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell