The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-02-2014, 01:58 AM

Default QSC KW112 vs. K12

The specs of the K series vs. KW series seem the same. Do these models use the same drivers and amps, etc? The only difference being the birch cab for the KW?

Has anyone had a chance to directly a/b the two models?
Old 07-02-2014, 12:25 PM

We have been using the KW112 (2) for several years now in our band (2 acoustic guitars, keyboards and electric bass). We emphasize our vocals/harmonies, in addition to the instruments, and I think they sound great. Very nice clarity and fullness to the sound. I have an old pair of JBL Eon 12 G2s and the QSCs sound MUCH better (not too suprising). Have no idea how the QSCs stack up against the newer models that are similar (Yamaha, EV, Peavey, etc.). Also have not heard the K and KW side by side, but from what I have read, and heard, the KW sound better than the K (different cabs and resonance), but the K did sound good the one time I heard them demoed at GC.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification