The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-10-2012, 07:09 PM

Default "Not Enough To Get You Through" new original song

Uploaded original song acoustic guitar and lyrics. "Not Enough To Get You Through"

http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/13797438
Old 07-11-2012, 11:26 AM

When the vocal started I had to look again to see if it was original - sounded familiar. To quote Bad Blake : "the good ones always sound familiar" .

I probably would have started the vocal at 0:19. At that tempo another 'time around' seems like a lifetime to those of us with a.d.d.

Can't comment on production value - listening on computer. Sorry

Other than that it sounds fine to me. Good song and performance. I especially like the lyrics. good stuff!

Mark
Old 07-11-2012, 03:25 PM

Thank you, Mark for listening to my song and your kind comments. I listened to your music and it made me realize I have to improve my own recording methods. Your songs sound very polished, very crisp.

Thanks again for the inspiration.

Terry
Old 07-13-2012, 06:05 AM

Nice Terry!! Cool bluesy original. I think it's quite well put together. Production is good, I may add a little to the low end with the EQ. I'm not a big reverb guy but on some songs it sets the mood. I like this version but would also like to hear a more bass heavy, less reverb, warmer version of the mix. That may make it really "close and personal" like the audience is sitting within a couple of feet of the performer. It would be a completely different feel from the exact same performance but might be cool to try. Well done.

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 PM

Default Thanks a lot

Thanks Roy, for giving a listen. I like your ideas about recording another version. It's always good to hear another songwriter's point of view. I reviewed several songs from your page. I really like your song "Living With Your Ghost" Been there, done that....

Terry
Old 07-14-2012, 06:09 AM

Very well done, Terry! I like your vocal style on this and the arrangement supports the mood of your nicely crafted lyrics! From a production standpoint I have to 'echo' Roy's comments (pun intended)....less would be more in this case.

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell