The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-05-2011, 09:39 AM

I'd also pick the Ultrasound DS4 or the Roland AC-90 over the Roland AC-60, although which one would depend on how they sounded with my guitar. Once pon a time, trying them makde me opt for the DS4 for myself.

I've never used the Carvin AG100D, but I agree with the trend in this discussion that suggests that there are advantages to bigger speakers--assuming that they're good speakers, of course.

My pick for guitar amps with 12" woofers would be the Genz Benz 150LT or ProLT. Either would certainly be more than loud enough for the OP's situation. In fact, I fell for a ProLT and left my DS4 for her.......

Louis
Old 10-05-2011, 08:48 PM

After using numerous acoustic amps (and playing through many more) I am currently using a Behringer B212D powered PA speaker. 450w class D. It totally kicks butt on anything I have ever tried. You can buy 2 of these to 1 Roland.
Sorry to you Ultra Sound fans but I think they are the biggest piece of junk on the market. I have played through 3 different ones, YUK. I had a friend that he played a Taylor ES system with, and it always sounded distorted and just all around terrible. Great guy and great player but playing acoustic -electric, I dreaded playing with him because it sounded sooo baaadd..
Old 10-20-2011, 08:34 PM

I might get totally flamed for this one, but I had a Crate acoustic (I think it was one of the Gunnisons) that I bought new and it was pretty cheap, but for playing live and essentially monitoring, it was more than enough. It served me well for years. It was a 60 watt version...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification