The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-17-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Thanks For All The Help....I Love MY GS8!

Maybe some of you remember my threads about my search for my perfect guitar. I started out wanting a Taylor and just couldn't decide.

I bought a DN4 and it had some bear claw that I didn't like AND it was a lot brighter than I expected.

I sent it back and got a DN8 which was absolutely stunning but then the second guessing kicked in again after I was reading so many good things about the GS series.

I sent it back (I know, I'm no psychologist but I have an issue) and ordered a GS8. I was torn between it and a GS7 but because I couldn't find any locally to try I went on the suggestions I got here and went with the GS8 based on the fact I plan on doing a lot of strumming.

I've put off responding to my earlier threads because I wanted to get a good feel for my new guitar and actually give myself time to fall in love with it.

Well, it didn't take long. I'm a beginner and can only play a few chords, but dang, this thing is awesome! It is gorgeous and absolutely perfect. The sound is amazing and it is quite easy to play. The mediums are a little hard on my virginous fingers but they're toughening up.

In the last two days I have learned how to marginally play two Jack Johnson songs, Flake and Sitting Waiting Wishing. I am SO happy that I can't put it into words.

I took it in to work and had my buddy play it and he was blown away. He said it was the best sounding acoustic he had ever heard. He plays a Martin BTW. He is now VERY interested in buying one. He's a great player and his response made me feel even better about my decision.

I know going through so many guitars seemed weird but there was just something missing with the other guitars. This one, just makes me happy inside. I walk past it in it's stand and I smile. I LOVE IT.

I'm sorry for rambling but I just wanted to take the time to tell everyone that has helped me what guitar I fell in love with.

Most of all I want to once again thank Jim from Guitar Rodeo. Along with the great price, he was very helpful and understanding. His return policy, which I feel like I took advantage of, is for real. He said he'd keep sending me guitars until I was happy, and by gosh he did. First class all the way. I've experienced a lot of good customer service in my life but none came close to the level of excellence that Jim provides.

Once again, thanks for the help. AGF is a great community that really makes you feel like part of the family.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:55 AM

AHA so you went with the GS8! That has got to be my favorite Taylor out there right now. I'd pick one up if I had the money because those are cannons!

Edit: +1 for Jim @ guitar rodeo. This guy must be THE #1 Taylor dealer in the US just by judging how many times his name or company comes up per day!
Larrivee OM-03R
Old 04-17-2007, 08:35 AM

Smile Gs8

My new GS8 arrived a couple of days ago. I love it. I had them special build the neck I wanted the slim line neck with 1 ll/16 at the nut. I had them put the shiney finish on the back of the neck which I reall like. Now all I have to do is learn to play it.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:50 AM

bobvanjr, we want to see pics!! Also from you, Taylor Guitar!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobvanjr View Post
I'm a beginner and can only play a few chords, but dang, this thing is awesome! It is gorgeous and absolutely perfect. The sound is amazing and it is quite easy to play. The mediums are a little hard on my virginous fingers but they're toughening up.

Hey, good to hear, bobvanjr! I'm not a beginner (I only play like one ;), but the GS seems to me to be an excellent beginner's guitar for the very characteristics you mention. I have a '68 Gibson J-45 (acoustic) and a '73 Gibson Custom L-5 (electric), and my GS(RS) is nearly as articulate and has its own distinctive, tonally true sound up and down the fretboard but for a fraction of the price, making it a great buy besides. I was also turned on to the GS series by the folks here.

Last edited by random; 04-17-2007 at 10:41 AM. Reason: sp
Old 04-17-2007, 11:27 AM

glad you found a guitar you love!

Collings OM2H Adi / Braz
Doerr Legacy Swiss / Braz
Franklin OM German / Braz
Franklin OM Carpathian / Braz
Goodall GC Italian / Honduran
Goodall GC Italian / Braz
Goodall CJC Italian / Braz
Goodall CJC Italian / Afr. Blackwood
McPherson 5.0 Full Koa
McPherson 5.0XP Adi / Braz
Martin D-28GE Adi / Braz
Old 04-17-2007, 05:56 PM

Glad to hear that you love your GS8....haha, I told you you'd be hooked if you tried one!! .
Old 04-17-2007, 08:10 PM

You ordered from Jim at GuitarRodeo, right?

Sounds like he really worked with you, taking back not one, but TWO guitars, in order to satisfy the customer.

I always suspected he'd do that . . but it's GREAT to see evidence that he actually DOES it.

It's easy to talk the talk, not so easy to walk the walk.

So, Kudos to your dealer!

Oops, didn't read your second to last paragraph. I was right, it was Jim!

If your Martin-playing friend decides to buy a Taylor, you know where to send him!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion