The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-20-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Tigers In World Series

Well folks I think it may be a sign of the endtimes. After 20+ years the Tigers have made it back to the fall classic. Who'ld have thunk it. I few years ago i was sitting in an empty stadium in September watching the Tigers finish up a 119 loss season. Now they are back in the Series with a bunch of talented but largely no name cast. Heck beating the Yankees was enough for me. This is a pure treat for us fans after enduring year after year of rebuilding seasons. Getting expensive free agents only to see them disappear(Where have you gone Juan Gonzales?), or being told that the farm system was depleted of talent. Now with a bunch of young and young at heart(Kenny Rogers and Todd Jones) pitchers and timely hitting ( I think my wife would be willing to name our firstborn Magglio) they are considered the favorite in the Series. The Tigers the favorite, I amost want to laugh!!!! If Jim Leyland isnt named manager of the year I will sell all my guitars and take up the accordion. The man has taken understatement to a new level, and if he ever acted any more excited I would confuse him with Ed Sullivan or Steven Wright. Lets hear from all the other Tiger fans, there has to be two or three out there. Patrick
Old 10-20-2006, 05:15 PM

If only Leyland could manage the Lions!
This has been much fun to watch and look forward to a good series with St. Lou. If history repeats, looks like we're in for a seven game series.
Personally, I'd enjoy seeing a dominating sweep by the Tig's!

Ever notice the only time you can relax watching the Lions is when they're getting blown out? Seems they don't know how to put someone away.

Go Tigers!

PS. If you're bored sometime visit my website and listen to the song "Not Anymore" from the Broken Circles" album...
that was written at the end of the 2003 Lions debacle...er' I mean season!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic