The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-18-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Gibsons.......Cheap???

Wow....I saw this over at the Epiphone forum, so I'm relaying it for us AGFers. It seems Gibson is having an anniversary sale? Music123 and Musicians Friend and maybe other places are dropping the Prices of select Gibsons.

-Vintage Mahog LP
-Flying V
-Faded SG
-LP Studios
etc. Is what i've seen....Crazy how this crap works. I remember getting really mad because Musicians friend raised the Vintage Mahog LP 100 bucks, and now they lower it 200.....hmmmm. I would be pissed right now if i bought it then and now saw this sale.

so here's the links.....
MF- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/...=mode+matchany
Music 123- http://www.music123.com/CustomLists/...y.aspx?lid=231
Old 10-18-2006, 11:33 PM

So... I may be extremely wrong here but... They raised it a hundred; then dropped it 200 leaving it at a discount of 100? And the Gibson SG comes with a gig bag instead of a hard case. Does it normally come with a hardshell? If so, that's no deal.

Then again, maybe I'm just mad their left handed model is so much more.

Oh crap, I completely forgot about pricing... It's been so long since I've looked at guitar sales on here. sorry, delete where necessary.

Last edited by jsmarshall; 10-18-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:41 PM

Location: Not where I thought I was going, but probably where I need to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmarshall View Post
So... I may be extremely wrong here but... They raised it a hundred; then dropped it 200 leaving it at a discount of 100? And the Gibson SG comes with a gig bag instead of a hard case. Does it normally come with a hardshell? If so, that's no deal.

Then again, maybe I'm just mad their left handed model is so much more.

Oh crap, I completely forgot about pricing... It's been so long since I've looked at guitar sales on here. sorry, delete where necessary.
Yep.
I suspect you would still do better buying from a store like FQMS.
Remember, they can't advertise their acutal selling price, only the "MRSP" that Gibson sets.
If you are about to purchase a guitar through Musicans123 or MusiciansFriend, give some other stores a call and ask them what they are actually selling the same models for. I bet it will be a fair amount less.

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
Henry Van Dyke

"It is in the world of slow time that truth and art are found as one"
Norman Maclean,

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic