The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-14-2006, 11:44 AM

Default Alvarez AD70SC

Just bought this guitar and it has impressed me dramatically. I played it in the music store and ended up buying it. I've been wanting to buy a beater and ended up with this better-than-average Alvarez, at an entry-level price! It's got the exact same electronics as the high end Yairi's! It sounds great unplugged or plugged in. I had a buddy of mine bring his 414 dred to the store to compare side by side. Unplugged, the Alvarez had a deeper tone (due to the rosewood back and sides), and plugged into an Acoustisonic Junior, the Alvarez sounded better. Although, his only had a pickup, no preamp, so with the Alvarez, you could dial in an astonishgly true acoustic tone. I could get very close to the "unplugged" tone, just amplified. Didn't have to EQ the amp at all, everything was flat. Just thought I'd pass this along. Very impressive at hundreds less than the compared Taylor.

-tookermel

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion