The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-30-2006, 02:11 PM

Default Hi I'm new here! One Last Request!

Hi guys, I have just signed up to this friendly looking forum to see what's what in the world of acoustic guitar.
I tend to play electric (is that allowed on here!?!) but am interested in venturing into acoustic guitar playing.

Also, can some of you guys check out my website? It's - GuitarTools.co.uk I would love to hear what you think of it.
I use it to publish lessons amongst other things. But I am now thinking about putting a show case of members guitar pictures up on there. So if your either interested in helping me writ some stuff for it or just want to show off your best guitars with some nice (artistic) pictures - please gimme a bell.

Please don't think I'm here just to tellyou about that, in return I am going to stick around and try and help out as many people on this forum as possible.

Thanks, RJ.

Last edited by RJP; 06-01-2006 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Looks
Old 05-30-2006, 02:20 PM

Hi, RJ. Welcome to the best guitar forum in cyberspace.

(Now I'll sneak off and look at your site)
Old 05-30-2006, 02:21 PM

Hello RJ. welcome.

electric guitarists are more than welcome here. I split time between acoustic and electrics and they let me participate.

Took a brief look at your web site. Looks like some good stuff there. I bookmarked it and plan to spend some time checking it out in depth.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:29 PM

Welcome aboard, RJ! You've found the friendliest, quirkiest guitar site on the net! Enjoy!
Old 05-30-2006, 02:37 PM

Thanks guys, I feel very welcomed so far. I'll take a better look around this cool site right away!
Old 05-30-2006, 02:42 PM

Welcome to the AGF. We don't turn electric guitar players away here (we reserve that dubious honor for banjo players ).

As far as "tending to play electric", the first step in getting help is to admit you have a problem

That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial. -- Theodore F. MacManus

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell -- Christopher Walken
Old 05-30-2006, 02:53 PM

I've been playing guitar now for practically for half my life (I'm 19 btw) so I don't have many problems, oh maybe with banjos though!!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:03 PM

Anyway I'd like to elaborate on the guitar showcase idea I have because I build custom guitars - hope the picture isn't too big!below

So, I'd love to show your guitars on my site in a new section - because it'll probably be a good start of making a cool guitar community if you know what I mean?...
Old 05-30-2006, 03:28 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJP
Please don't think I'm here just to tellyou about that, in return I am going to stick around and try and help out as many people on this forum as possible.
Right on, RJ. We love your attitude and welcome you to AGF.
612C COTTEN little sister
XXMC i'm sensitive
Old 05-30-2006, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollajak
Right on, RJ. We love your attitude and welcome you to AGF.
Thanks Pollajak, so what did you think of my idea/site?
Old 05-30-2006, 07:15 PM

Welcome aboard RJ. I'm sure you'll find many cool people here.

I haven't owned an electric in years but I've been getting the itch for an old Rickenbacker.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:49 PM

Talking

Hi Folks,
I'm a newbie too and just want to say how much I'm enjoying this site! I just discovered you'all. I used to play briefly (lack of self esteem made me quit, stupid reason, that) back a bunch of years ago, and just started to play again a year ago. From that, you can gather I'm an old fartette, but man, what fun this site is! I'm gleaning all kinds of useful info from all you pros out there. Thanks to all, keep up the good work. Just a side note: back in the day, we referred to a capo as a kaypo, pronounced that way, now I hear the pronunciation "cappo". Which is right? Or which is used now, generally? Silly, I know, but I would like to be somewhat "with it, haha".
Goodspeed
Old 05-30-2006, 08:43 PM

Wow, that is one cool guitar!

Welcome!
Old 05-30-2006, 08:48 PM

@ goodspeed - I'm not certain, but my friends and I have always pronounced it "kay po."
Old 05-31-2006, 12:25 AM

Good eve, and a warm welcome from cold coastal Northern California! I just got back from the "nickle tour" of your website-- I'm not such a veteran here myself, but have been roundly impressed by the Forum and its members in the short time I've been here. It's a great site; well-moderated, full of good info, Q&A, tips, personality, humor, and just good clean fun. If Ihave one complaint, it's that it tends to be a bit addictive; it's hard to pull away from and get my needed sleep! Again, welcome, and enjoy! NCP

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion