The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-25-2006, 09:51 AM

Question Help me with 1Spot power and effects!

So I have set out on putting together a pedalboard for my acoustic and electric that includes the following pedals that need power: Boss Chorus Ensemble, Boss TU-2, K4, Little Lehle Balanced A/B. I have a 1spot power adapter for the K4 and thought that I would simply things by using the multi-plug daisy chain. But a few issues came up:

- the daisy chain did not fit the K4 nor power the Lehle
- the daisy chain did not seem to power the Boss pedals, though it fit the plugs and was the correct polarity (center negative)

So, I got the center positive adapters for the K4 and Lehle and this still did not fix the problem. In fact neither the center positive nor the daisy chain plugs fit the K4.

Kat, with Taylor, said that I should probably just stick with the adapter that came with the K4. I have a call into Visual Sound for their advice. Now, I have the AGF on the job! Any suggestions as to powering these pedals in a manner that doesn't take four separate power adapters? Am I not understanding the plug and polarity issues? I greatly appreciate any help and advice you can offer!

Peace!
RevErin
Old 01-25-2006, 10:22 AM
.tom the übergeek

The K4 uses totally different power requirements than a Boss. The K4 is like 3V-15V and the Boss is 9V. I would agree with Taylor's comments and stick with the adapter that came with it.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:01 PM

I agree on what Thomas said on the K4, the One Spot will not power it but it should power a bunch of Boss pedals. My One Spot powers 8 pedals without any noise or trouble at all. Maybe you got a bad One Spot.

2004 Taylor 714CE
2000 Fender '52 RI Telecaster -
Old 01-25-2006, 12:48 PM

Thanks guys for your input. Thomas, you're right--gotta stick with the 1Spot that came with the K4 because it has a 5v output, which is fine for the K4, but not for the Boss pedals (9v). Dave from Visual Sound called me back this morning and helped me think it through. I'm off to grab a 9v 1Spot right now!

Incidently, he told me that it would be smart to put some electrical tape around the barrels of the plugs I do not use on the daisy chain so as to avoid any grounding issues.

Thanks again for your help! Have a great day!
Peace!
Rev

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification