The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-03-2006, 12:43 PM

Question Brownsville guitar? Any info?

Does anyone have any knowledge of this brand? I found them on Sam Ash (http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemID=38331) but there doesn't seem to be any info about them and their guitars anywhere else.

They used to be distributed through Samson Technologies 4-5 years ago, but apparently that only lasted a year (according to a Samon sales rep).

I'm specifically interested in their PG20 acoustic/electric parlor guitar. I'm just looking for basic details like nut width, where it's made, etc.

I did a search on this board, and saw a few general comments on them (mostly positive) but not much else. Thanks for any help in my search.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:10 PM

For the money some of their guitars are nice (and they also have some cheap solid-top models. I played a parlor steel-string solid top yesterday (under 2 Hdrd) and was surprised by sound (given the old bad strings) and it also had nice glossy finish and beautiful wood.

I would strongly insist on playing one before buying, there's no consistency!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion