The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-11-2023, 01:58 PM

Default New Cordoba Stage nylon electric review

Here's a new review of the Cordoba Stage nylon strung electric guitar that's very well done. I enjoy Alamo Music's reviews and this one is also informative, entertaining, and presents the guitar honestly.

Old 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
Charter Member

Good review - and some very tasty playing.

I saw one of these hanging in my local GC a few weeks ago - seems like a pretty good option if you’re in the market for an instrument of this type. I picked it up and played it for a while, but I’m not well-enough versed with nylon string instruments to be able to discern a use for it.

I do find it oddly tempting, however.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 02-11-2023, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
Good review - and some very tasty playing.

I saw one of these hanging in my local GC a few weeks ago - seems like a pretty good option if you’re in the market for an instrument of this type. I picked it up and played it for a while, but I’m not well-enough versed with nylon string instruments to be able to discern a use for it.

I do find it oddly tempting, however.
The use of the nylon strung electric runs the gamut of Chet Atkins playing his Nylon strung Gibson, though Willie Nelson solos and extending through modern era players like Tim Henson of Polyphia.

The cool thing about this is that there are more and more players who are embracing the new crop of nylon strung electrics. My personal interest stems from how easy it is to appease my aching muscles. Nylons play like butter and have a tone that just isn't available otherwise.

I've been posting a few tunes played on my dumpster-picked nylon strung guitar in the Show and Tell section, "Adventures in CGDGBE tuning".

Last edited by Rudy4; 02-11-2023 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:41 PM

I live about a mile from a GC, went down there yesterday to try one out. Their website said they had one in stock. Turned out someone bought it the night before. Might have to drive to the faraway GC now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars