The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-17-2005, 10:38 PM

Default T5 Question

I know this is probably a stupid questions but...Does the T5 offer any acoustic sound when it is unplugged? or soes it sound like most other electric guitars; muted?
Old 07-17-2005, 10:45 PM

i've tried it once... it's like playing a hollowbody. try them jazz boxes from gibson or even Yamaha. similar stuff
Old 07-18-2005, 05:53 AM

Shane1, you would not buy it based on the unplugged sound.But you can practice (some things) just fine in that manner.

DJanzen
'06 52RI Tele
Old 07-18-2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJanzen
Shane1, you would not buy it based on the unplugged sound.But you can practice (some things) just fine in that manner.

DJanzen
Agreed. It is really designed to be plugged in. Still, I wonder how much of a difference switching to acoustic strings might make. Not much, I would think, but it would be interesting to hear what if any difference there is.
710-L9
Old 07-18-2005, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylorTay anFay
Agreed. It is really designed to be plugged in. Still, I wonder how much of a difference switching to acoustic strings might make. Not much, I would think, but it would be interesting to hear what if any difference there is.
I would expect there to be at least some difference too... but still not enough to factor much into the overall buying decision, at least for me. I'd sooner switch to one guage heavier electric strings (wound G), as I hear some have had good experience with this.

DJanzen
'06 52RI Tele

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion