The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-04-2002, 12:47 AM

Question Walnut Series string selection?

I posted a question a couple days ago asking if anyone who owned a walnut series guitar has tried any strings but the elixers.....44 people viewed it, but nobody has answered it...come on folks someone must have tried different strings....
So far the only problem I have with the new Jumbo is....I spend far more time just staring at it, wondering where they found such a beautiful piece of wood....its very distracting you know

Flatfish
Old 05-04-2002, 08:02 AM

Well, the only Walnut Taylor I've had was a W-65 ... and at the time, they came with D'Addarios (I don't think Elixir had a 12 string set yet). But I didn't like them ... don't have the guitar anymore, though.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:27 AM

Cool

Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of people own walnut series guitars. Jumbo owners as well are not as common. Personally, I have sampled the walnuts in my favorite Taylor shop, and while I really liked them, the koas I played have won out and ended coming home with me. Too bad I don't have more money because I would probably have one, but it would be a W12 or a W14.

My advice for strings is go into the music store and buy a selection of strings and just try them out. Differences are so personal any way. I like Elixir nanowebs and John Pearse PBs. I'm using GHS mediums on my 12 string. Just try strings and see or hear what you like. To me that's part of the fun of owning a guitar. See which strings bring out the best of your guitar's tonal pallette.

MAKE it a GREAT day!!!
Marge

You don't get beautiful harmony if everyone sings the same note.
Old 05-04-2002, 05:35 PM

I have a W10 and I get distracted by the beautiful 3 piece back! And the rest of the guitar is nothing to sneeze at either! I've only used elixir polyweb mediums on mine so I can't help you either.
2021 224CE K DLX Koa
/COLOR]

Guitars, you only get out of it what you put into it

Member #885
Old 05-04-2002, 05:39 PM

I am using 12's on my W10-ce. I play fingerstyle. Can't understand why this isn't a popular guitar. It has a sweet, mellow tone and is a beauty...3 piece back and englemann top.
Old 05-04-2002, 11:26 PM
guitar, amp fixer upper.

I have a W14c with a Baggs Dual Source. Still use the Elixirs...but I want to try the GHS L J Signature Lites on it.

Ron
Old 05-04-2002, 11:34 PM

Flatfish,

I'm using Elixir Nanowebs on my 655 and love em, just dont like the price when having to buy a new set. I find that the Elixirs last alot longer with everyday play than other strings.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion