The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-04-2002, 12:40 AM

Default 814 case

The case on my new 814 has a handle with rings on it. The one on the 314 I tried first had a hinge handle. Are these rings durable and with they last? The hinges seemed more solid. Should I ask about the other one from my dealer?

814ce-LTD Brazilian
Old 05-04-2002, 12:52 AM
Charter Member

If you like the other one, then it would serve you well to ask about it. I am guessing you are talking about the luggage case here, and I have found the 2 different handle attachment methods to be equally durable...just whatever you prefer, really.

(Insert one line representation of cleverness here)
Old 05-04-2002, 01:37 AM

Be Careful! I picked up my new W15 last week, and sat the case on my bed, When I picked it up to leave, one of the rivets that holds the rings to the case pulled loose and sent the guitar headstock/neck crashing to the bed!!! If I had been walking to the car, the case would have struck the cement floor, and who knows what would have happend then? I have finally found "The" guitar, and don't think I would be able to replace it, My dealer was nice enough to find me a new, old style case in inventory and replace my new Monkey Butt, cheap Handle, accident waiting to happen case!
Check your rivets often
Old 05-04-2002, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Flatfish
If I had been walking to the car, the case would have struck the cement floor, and who knows what would have happend then?
I know what would have happened: nothing! Mine fell out of the back of the minivan, hit the parking lot. Slight tear in the tolex, but my guitar just shrugged and went "huh?" The case did it's job.

Of course, I'm not saying we shouldn't be careful!
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18
Old 05-05-2002, 02:21 PM

I think I'll ask for a replacement.

814ce-LTD Brazilian

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion