The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-17-2018, 12:01 PM

Default Kinda Cool Pick Pic

Yesterday, I was working on re-shaping and speed beveling all three sides of a Charmed Life 3.5mm Flame pick. I did it by hand, no power tools except for the final polish. Here is is before I started, very nice translucent red-orange.

After shaping, beveling and polishing, I held it up to look at it and saw an almost perfect hexagon formed where the back of the bevels met. I was surprised and sort of pleased with the precision of my "eyeball ruler".

Been trying to photograph the hexagon for two days and finally got it to show by using a strong diffused backlight. Still not as distinct as seeing it live but you get the idea.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:17 PM

Great photos, HHP. I wouldn't have guessed it was a pick but rather stained glass.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Great photos, HHP. I wouldn't have guessed it was a pick but rather stained glass.
Don't say that, Scott will raise his prices.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:15 PM

That is my pick for a pick pic, if I were picking a pick pic. Looks like a gem of a pic.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion