The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-16-2018, 11:54 AM

Default 2014 Blackbird Lucky 13 with Mi-Si-SOLD.

I just bought a Blackbird Savoy so I have decided to sell my Lucky 13. The only issue is that, in the right light, you can see lines where the braces are. I asked Joe (owner/builder of Blackbird Guitars) and he said this was normal and of absolutely no concern. I tried to get a picture but i couldn’t get the lines to show.

This guitar has had little use, finger style only, and is in mint condition. I plugged the Mi-Si in once just to make sure it worked with no issues. I just put a new set of Cleartone PB lights on it and it has been professionally setup so it plays and sounds great. Blackbird is no longer making these so this is a great opportunity to pick one up.

Here is a Sound clip

$SOLD including shipping CONUS (add $20 for west of the Mississippi). I have sold multiple guitars through AGF for cash/postal money order and can provide references if desired. I would be happy to use PayPal but you will need to pay the fees. I’m not interested in trades.

From the Blackbird website:
  • The Lucky 13*sports a hollow neck and head to add projection and allow the whole instrument to resonate. The sound port at the head reduces standing waves.
  • The Lucky 13's body, neck, and headstock are one piece producing better resonance and sustain. The Lucky is physically balanced both on your lap and with a strap.
  • Blackbird's proprietary carbon fiber construction is much stronger than wood, humidity proof and unaffected by changes in temperature for worry-free gigging.
  • A 1 7/8" side mounted sound port offers the player a direct monitor of what the audience hears. The port also enhances frequency balance and bass response in particular.
  • Optional Mi-Si rechargeable pickup with volume and tone controls discreetly placed at the soundhole. 60 second charge equals 16 hours of playing time. Charge via 1/4" output Jack.

Top: Carbon Fiber
Fretboard Width at 12 Fret 2.18 in (55.372 mm)
Fretboard Width at Nut 1.75 in (44.45 mm)
Neck material Carbon Fiber
Side Markers 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, & 17
Bridge Material Micarta
Neck Shape Low Profile, Hollow
Neck Reinforcement Static Carbon Truss
Bridge String Spacing 2.18 in (55.372 mm)
Saddle 16 in Radius/Compensated/Graphtech
Nut Material Graphtech Tusq
Fretboard Micarta 16" radius
Headstock Hollow with Sound Port
Headplate Carbon Fiber
Case Hybrid soft case
Electronics Mi-Si Rechargeable Pickup
Scale Length 24.75 in (628.65 mm)
Fretwire Medium Stainless Steel
Finish High Gloss Polyurethane
Dimensions 37.5 in x 14 in x 4.5 in
Weight 4.2 lbs (1.9 Kilos)
Number of Frets Clear 13
Number of Frets Total 20

Last edited by rlawton; 02-24-2018 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 02-16-2018, 07:10 PM

Wow - awesome price for a Lucky 13, lowest I've ever seen. I love the tone on these guitars, and you can't beat the "no watering, no fuss" carbon fiber construction that you can leave out all the time. Great deal for someone!
Old 02-17-2018, 06:06 AM

If I didn’t already have one! Great price for a great “take anywhere” guitar that also gets a lot of playtime at home for me.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:12 AM

I added better pictures and a sound clip.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:29 PM

bump for a great cf guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars