The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Stringed Instruments

Old 11-18-2017, 05:40 AM

Default Romero Creations Tiny Tenor Ukulele - REVIEW

Terrific player, terrific tone, terrific volume. Less impressed with the price.

http://www.gotaukulele.com/2017/11/r...or-spruce.html

Got A Ukulele!
Old 11-19-2017, 12:18 PM

Barry

I appreciate your honest reviews. Unlike the reviews in popular guitar magazines, which shall remain nameless, you tell it like it is. I do understand why the magazines have to be kind to their advertisers, but there exists an inherent conflict of interest.

Keep up the good work!

Luke
Old 11-21-2017, 12:00 PM

The sound comes across very well. There doesn't seem to be with this one a similar path for price reduction as there was with his Pepe Romero Signature 6-string: all solid followed by a less expensive laminate b&s. Soundwise, Bazmaz, what is another uke with a similar sound, for less pillage?
Old 11-21-2017, 01:15 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfoo6952 View Post
Barry

I appreciate your honest reviews. Unlike the reviews in popular guitar magazines, which shall remain nameless, you tell it like it is. I do understand why the magazines have to be kind to their advertisers, but there exists an inherent conflict of interest.
That's why I dislike Acoustic Guitar magazine. Every review they do is an editorial advertisement IMO.

Now, maybe they just throw away the bad reviews and focus on only the good but I want honest opinions of products not a glowing review of every thing in the magazine (they gush about the crappiest brands as much as the most revered brands so it doesn't mean anything).
Old 11-26-2017, 05:34 AM

Thanks all - when I started writing reviews years ago it was a slow start as I have a strict policy with brands that I write what I please, and not what they want

Over time brands started to realise that actually a fair review can be better for them than not, and on some examples, brands have modified their ukes based on critisisms from Got A Ukulele. That shows they listen and give a ****.

Of course, some brands dont want to play ball and dont send me models. As the list grows (now over 150 reviews), those who wont play will become even more obvious by their absence. Silly really.

Bud - re similar sounding ukes - Ponos and Koaloha Opios spring to mind

Got A Ukulele!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Stringed Instruments