The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-08-2017, 01:18 PM

Default Cleartone EQ Hybrid Strings - Opinion

Curious if anyone has tried? Looks interesting with a Copper Bronze low E, PB for the A and D and 80/20 G string.
I am always up for experimenting with new strings, but these are a bit pricey. Any feedback appreciated.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsstrider View Post
Curious if anyone has tried? Looks interesting with a Copper Bronze low E, PB for the A and D and 80/20 G string.
I am always up for experimenting with new strings, but these are a bit pricey. Any feedback appreciated.
Just received a set today, but haven't put them on yet. Interesting concept.

Taylor 856, Taylor GC7, Martin 00-28, Breedlove Oregon Concertina, Breedlove Jeff Bridges Signature, Guild JF55-12, Guild D212, Larrivee OM3, Eastman E20 OM, Farida OT22w, Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra, Blueridge BR-361, Pono 0-15 mango, Journey OF-660, Tanglewood TWJP parlor (Nashville tuned), Paul Reed Smith SE Custom.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsstrider View Post
Here in Holland they are about the same price as their "regular" treated string line. Not particularly keen on the regular line so not really tempted to try these out...
Old 11-15-2017, 01:53 PM

Just put a set on last night... will report back.
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp
Old 11-15-2017, 02:47 PM

I think it depends on your guitar.

I put them on my Martin DX1. I had been running Ernie Ball AB almost exclusively. They seem to have been lasting a good while, but personally I lost the projection and shine from the EB. I've had them for about a month and 1/2, but am taking them off, just because I don't like them nearly as much as the EB AB.

They do make it like a flat EQ. However, with my Martin, it is too warm, and this just makes the muddiness come out more. The EB AB combat that with their relative brightness.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion