The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-13-2015, 12:21 PM

Default NGD: Suzuki Nagoya 1986 SF335MB

Hi Everyone, this is my first post...

I just found this guitar in a pawnshop.
Its a copy of a Martin D-28.

It has a few issues, but its already sounding great, so I am happy to have found it!

The bridge has started to unglue a bit so the action is bad, the saddle is plastic and the notches have been deepened and bent. The second fret from the top is the worst on on the B string, but it has been eaten away less than a third of the fret and so I think there is hope to save this fret?
Or maybe just change that one as to not have to remove too much meat off the rest of the frets.

I did as much research as I could and there is not much out there about this model.
Here is what I found,
S= Spruce top
F= Folk Dreadnought model( not different from a D class which is for Dreadnought also, not sure whats the difference)
MB= Midnight Blue?
I took off a tuner and saw the original dark blue color. Its now faded to this green blue tint which I love.
There are cleaning scratches on the finish, swirls, I wonder if I can buffer it out?

Anyhow, here are some pics to help other people figure this out.
Oh and the truss rod is at its looosest, meaning if I turn more counter clockwise, it just gets loose like ready to take off the nut. I have releif on the neck, but also fret buzz because of the previous issues.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion