The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-19-2014, 08:42 PM

Default Utgf

Does anyone know a Unofficial Taylor Guitar Forum is active? I've been trying to join since the 16th. I got the "Welcome, we'll let you know when you're approved" email but nothing since.

Also, is the Taylorguitar forum which used to be part of Acoustic Guitar Forum still active?

Thanks, Looking forward to being part of this group.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Charter Member

Yes, the UTGF is active. I just posted on it today. I think I read somewhere the moderator had been out of town. I'm sure they will get to you. Maybe someone will respond here that knows more than I. It's a very friendly forum. I will be looking forward to seeing you!
Halcyon 00 14 fret, Blackhearted Sassafras and Engelmann
Martin Dreadnought Jr.
Another guitar? Why yes, please.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:38 AM

I'm in the same boat, tried to join a week or two ago and haven't heard anything back from the site. Hopefully they get around to confirming us soon!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:47 AM
Resident Guitar Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccadude33 View Post
I'm in the same boat, tried to join a week or two ago and haven't heard anything back from the site. Hopefully they get around to confirming us soon!
I'm in the boat with you...but with the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum. I've seen others post here indicating that long waits to be approved on these sites is par for the course.

”Stumblebum Blues” on the Walker Clark Fork (Advanced Jumbo)
”Hydro Genesis” on the Walker Clark Fork (Advanced Jumbo)
Old 06-20-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor 710bce View Post
Does anyone know a Unofficial Taylor Guitar Forum is active? I've been trying to join since the 16th. I got the "Welcome, we'll let you know when you're approved" email but nothing since.

Also, is the Taylorguitar forum which used to be part of Acoustic Guitar Forum still active?

Thanks, Looking forward to being part of this group.
Welcome to the forum 710bce.

The Taylor sub forum here was merged with the general section a few years ago, so one of the members here decided to start the UTGF. It's not a very active forum, certainly not as active as the AGF Taylor section was, but many like it that way which is probably why it takes so long to get approved. Once you do, you will find a bunch of nice folks over there most of whom are regulars here as well.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:34 AM

It does take awhile to get approved. I joined recently, and after several days with no reply, I posted here as well asking much the same question. But I learned that patience pays off. Evidently only one moderator can approve "newbies" and he was traveling when I registered.

It would be helpful if the response to the request to join was answered with a "this might take awhile" kind of message, just so it doesn't appear like you are registered, when really you're not. Registered isn't the same as approved.

And actually, it is a fairly active forum, I'd say. Very nice folks. I'll see you over there.

"We are music fingered by the gods." ~ Mark Nepo
Old 06-20-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Welcome to the forum 710bce.

The Taylor sub forum here was merged with the general section a few years ago, so one of the members here decided to start the UTGF. It's not a very active forum, certainly not as active as the AGF Taylor section was, but many like it that way which is probably why it takes so long to get approved. Once you do, you will find a bunch of nice folks over there most of whom are regulars here as well.
Well, I'm sure they have nice folks over in the other forum. But, personally speaking, the AGF will always be the original "Unofficial...."
franchelB: TGF member #57!
Old 06-20-2014, 12:25 PM

Please be patient. The mods will get back with you. You will enjoy it over at the UTGF. It's not as active as the AGF, but still very active and full of fun people who are helpful and knowledgeable. We love to welcome and hear from new members, so just be patient. It will be worth the wait. See you over there.
Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!
Love my mountain dulcimers too! (7 Mountain Dulcimers)

Old 06-20-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchelB View Post
Well, I'm sure they have nice folks over in the other forum. But, personally speaking, the AGF will always be the original "Unofficial...."
Yep, this "was" the Taylor forum when I joined. (at least to me)
Old 06-20-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleamp View Post
Yep, this "was" the Taylor forum when I joined. (at least to me)
It still is, my fellow Texan! The AGF is just expanding the acoustic guitar "family" a bit.
franchelB: TGF member #57!
Old 06-20-2014, 03:38 PM
Charter Member

Wink i know some of the mods over there, sent them a note for you folks

not sure how they operate regarding new users, sent my fellow mod a PM to check into new users.

d
Old 06-20-2014, 04:25 PM
Charter Member

I used to participate on the UTGF - definitely friendly participants there, and some very knowledgeable players. Just don't mention the price of anything, even if it is a price range (as in: "I'm looking for an acoustic amp for $500 or less - can you offer recommendations?"); or even mentioning full retail or MAP prices (that are available everywhere)... your post will get edited, making the thread less than informative.

If you make a comment about the editing, that gets edited. I actually made a joke about the price editing, and that got edited. It is the owner's forum, and he and the mods can run it the way they choose. Josh (the owner) seems to be a very nice young man.

I understand not wanting to encourage price wars... I also think a sense of humor is important, too. I wonder what would happen if the rapper, 50 Cent were to post there??

You will get an acknowledgement from Josh when he is available. Patience will pay off.

Best wishes,
Jim
Old 06-20-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I used to participate on the UTGF
Used to? We miss you, Jim.
Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!
Love my mountain dulcimers too! (7 Mountain Dulcimers)

Old 06-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMusician View Post
Used to? We miss you, Jim.
I'm sure no one noticed. It's not a big deal, I'm not mad or pouting - I've taken the last month or so off. It isn't my forum, but the whole pricing heavy-handedness doesn't seem helpful. I can't do anything about the policy, but I can choose to spend time here instead.

Best wishes,
Jim
Old 06-20-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I'm sure no one noticed. It's not a big deal, I'm not mad or pouting - I've taken the last month or so off. It isn't my forum, but the whole pricing heavy-handedness doesn't seem helpful. I can't do anything about the policy, but I can choose to spend time here instead.

Best wishes,
Jim
I assumed it was because of that. the UTGF is less without you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion