The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-31-2014, 11:33 AM

Location: A small island off the coast of a bigger island off the coast of a giant continent
Default Weak Ending

Long time reader, first time poster (of a tune, anyway).

I'm no professional, I don't really consider myself a 'musician' but I enjoy playing and recording my own little compositions. This is one such that I've been noodling with over the past couple of weeks. Really what I'm trying to do is get better at this stuff... so with each composition I try and push what I can do; playing and production wise.

Anyway, that being said... this little noodle is called 'Weak Ending' and isn't an acoustic guitar track as such... but does have some acoustic guitar on it. By the way, Weak Ending wasn't my own self-critique on the tune but more a statement on the week I was having.

Weak Ending

Details:
Acoustic guitar tracks; DI'ed straight in from the Baggs Lyric on my Martin HD-28V
Electric guitar tracks (crunchy); DI'ed in via my pedalboard* and played on a Gibson Les Paul Standard
Electric guitar tracks (clean); DI'ed in from a 1957 Silvertone arch top with a single p-13 pickup
Bass; DI'ed in from my Fender Am Dlx Jazz
All keys are played, MIDI-triggered software instruments in Logic Pro.
Drums are Logic Pro X's 'Drummer' with a custom built drum kit.
Everything recorded and mixed in Logic Pro X on an iMac with an Apogee Quartet interface.

* I think the pedals in use were; Mad Professer Forest Green compressor, Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive and Strymon Flint for a bit of reverb. The DI box is a Radial JDI passive.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:48 PM
AGF Administrator

Nice production. I like what you did here.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:38 PM

That was very cool actually.For some reason it reminded me of music out of some surf documentary movies in the 60's and 70's.Could just see the guys on their long boards riding pipelines with this in the background.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:00 PM

Location: A small island off the coast of a bigger island off the coast of a giant continent

Thanks for listening!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell