The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-06-2014, 02:59 PM

Default Alice in Chains - Nutshell

Here's me playing yet, another Chains cover. This time it's (the waaaaaay over covered) Nutshell. This time I'm the one playing the leads on my father's (now mine) Alverez.

Alice in Chains - Nutshell
"Our father's were our models for gOd. Our father's bailed, what does that tell you about gOd? You have to consider the possibility that gOd does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen."

In Tyler We Trust
Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 PM

Good tune. Looks like you guys are having fun. What model Alvarez do you have? My 5022 was my first 'good' acoustic (after a terrible hand-me-down Yamaha and a very cheap Applause). Still have it 23 years later.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:40 AM

I actually have no idea whatsoever. I don't know much about guitars, I just play them. I don't even have any originals. Nor do I really know my scales to write my own solos. I just record the rhythm tracks on my (sh*tty) phone and then try and play around until I find something that sounds pretty or cool or both and then THAT'S the way I play it from there on out. I wish I would've learned the fundamentals first and songs second, 'cause then I would be more comfortable with improvising.
"Our father's were our models for gOd. Our father's bailed, what does that tell you about gOd? You have to consider the possibility that gOd does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen."

In Tyler We Trust

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell