The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-14-2001, 10:50 AM

Default In my opinion I have the best.........

I have been thinking lately about how do we base our decision or feelings on I have the best looking, best sounding, best playing , best feeling Taylor. Especially the sound issue. I do an A-B shootout with 3 to 5 of my Taylors every now and then and right when I think that A is the best sounding, I swear a month later I will think it is B.
I cracked up recently over someone telling me their guitar looks better than mine. Sounds like 2 mothers at playschool talking about their children. To the eyes of the beholder.
But back to what is the best. I have read a 1000 auctions and everyone seems to think that theirs is the best sounding,looking, playing.......
I would love to see someone say just once that I have the worst,ugliest, sorriest--sounding,looking,playing Taylor in the world.
Hey wait a minute we have been saying that about the SORRY MONKEY FURR CASES!
What are your thoughts on how & why do we think that we have the best. What I think is the best certainly doesn't seem to agree with everyone. dink
________
BURN NOTICE FORUMS

Last edited by dink; 04-07-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2001, 12:17 PM

Sorry, Dink, but my Taylor's prettier and better sounding than yours. It's also smarter, more talented, and more likely to marry well.

Seriously, it's all a matter of taste. I've never played another Taylor that I like as much as my 615, but I'm sure there are others who would disagree. And even my preference is somewhat suspect, since the 615 is what I'm used to. If I bought, say, a K14C and played it exclusively for the next several months, I might well prefer it in an A-B comparison. Finally, let's not forget that tastes change, and what any of us likes today may not be our top choice in a few years.

But hey, "the worst, ugliest, sorriest-sounding, looking, playing Taylor in the world"? That's not possible, is it?
Old 11-14-2001, 12:21 PM

Tastes change, yes I like that. Sorta like my hair and waist line. dink
________
M F L B

Last edited by dink; 04-07-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2001, 02:20 PM

Hey dink,

I think all the Taylors are the prettiest, the best sounding, and best playing of all guitars! and if I could own at least one of each, I would truly be the luckiest SOB in CT.
You probably by now have at least one of each.
Anyway I love all my Taylors and it reall doesn't matter who's is better.

Peter
Old 11-14-2001, 03:11 PM

My Taylor can beat up your Taylor.

-- Brad Hartman
Old 11-14-2001, 04:43 PM

The very first koa I played was evil. It was a '96 410K I took home on trial. I had to take it back, it was so awful.

My K14 w/koa top doesn't have the most dramatic wood, and I'm sure there are others out there that sound nicer. But I find it relaxing and pleasing, so I am quite satisfied with it.

I also like the K14ce with Engelmann top. But I have to make sure I don't play it after any rosewood models, otherwise it seems to sound like crap.
Old 11-14-2001, 05:00 PM

Cool

A lot of guitar have come and gone in my house my K14C is hands down the best acoustic guitar I have ever owned. I have guitars that are much newer, better looking(K14C still an eye popper) and much more expensive. It has made me a better player,made me play more(if thats possible) and Im sure there is another guitar out there that will someday unseat it as king of the hill but in my vast collection(over 100 guitars) it ranks #1. My 710CE-LTD is my #2 guitar and #1 dreadnaught beating out my 910Brazilian. In my opinion I have the best wife. The guitar is an ongoing quest. The worst Taylor? a 310CE I played back some time ago. It was just dead(with new strings). JW
Old 11-14-2001, 07:44 PM

I had a lousy Washburn 12-string once. I cannot imagine a crappy Taylor. I knocked my 312ce over on a concrete porch last week, and, if anything, I think it sounds even better than it did before!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion