The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-16-2013, 01:14 PM

Default Seagull Entourage Neck Removal

Removing the neck on Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo 032914002801, Top crushed, Had one bolt holding neck, plus glue, Got neck loose with heat and steam, but still will not come free completely, Am I missing something? Had holes for two bolts, but used only one, Top is bad enough, I don't want to damage anything more, Truss rod holding, looks free. Thanks Jim
Old 10-16-2013, 01:32 PM

IDK I would think it almost impossible cause they don't use glue they use an epoxy.

As far as I know, they do not reset necks at the factory they replace the entire guitar .
Old 10-16-2013, 01:48 PM

I would tend to agree if this is a recent vintage Seagull and I believe the Entourage models have only been around since 2007.

For a few years now, the Seagull necks (even though they still have bolts) have been epoxied to the body and traditional neck resets are problematic as a result.

Of course, it sounds as if you've already managed to get the neck loose so perhaps your guitar slightly pre-dates the move at the factory to seat the neck in epoxy in a more or less permanent position.

I had a full neck re-set done on my 2004 Seagull, but it has a true bolt on neck with no epoxy.

From your description here and on another forum, it sound as if you've got a project guitar and since it's pretty severely damaged, you perhaps have little to lose in going after it aggressively.

Good Luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovetail View Post
IDK I would think it almost impossible cause they don't use glue they use an epoxy.

As far as I know, they do not reset necks at the factory they replace the entire guitar .

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair
Old 10-17-2013, 07:51 PM

Default Seagull neck

That's what I figure, body is like new, was going to cut fret board, but when I seen bolt I decided to to try removing in one piece, it's free except where truss rod goes through, glue freed up pretty easy for epoxy, but numbers say this is 2007 up. Just didn't want to put too much stress on it if I was missing another bolt or something, one doesn't seem enough to keep from twisting. Jim
Old 10-20-2013, 06:56 PM

Smile Neck Removal

Got it off in one piece, was epoxy but steam took it loose without damage to back and sides, top was already trash. I'm happy.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:36 PM

Just thought I'd say well done to the guy with (almost) the same name.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion