The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-02-2013, 10:03 PM

Default Anyone played a Walden CO2000?

I was looking at this as an option for an OM sized guitar. It has rosewood/spruce combo, scalloped x-bracing and is all solid wood. I was thinking it might be a good choice as the budget equivalent of an OM21/OM28. It sells for about $800.

Can't seem to find one on the shelves here. Has anyone played one?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:45 PM

Default Walden

I recently got a co2000 and like it very much. It's got a balanced sound, is easy to play and seems to be very well made. The neck is graphite reinforced like the supra natura series but about 1/16 inch thicker. Pretty similar to the neck on my Stonebridge. The folks at Walden were very helpful too.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutmiester View Post
Pretty similar to the neck on my Stonebridge.
Thanks. The neck for me is a big deal as I have quite large hands. The necks on the Seagulls seem to suit me well. They are nice and chunky. How would you say it compares?
Old 08-03-2013, 08:19 AM

Default Co2000

As you know it is 13/4 inches wide. I would say it would be about the same feel as a Taylor neck. Probably a bit less chunky than the Seagull.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:10 AM

Thanks - A Taylor-like neck is a good thing. I find them very playable, but have never been able to part with the cash to get myself a good one. This Walden seems like a good mid level guitar. I have played a few of their GA models and they sound great. Seems like this guitar might be a good option for me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion