The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-25-2013, 08:00 AM

Default Nad!

My new Marshall AS50D is "on truck for delivery", four of the best words going in my opinion. I will primarily be using my J-45 with it but hoping it will provide serviceable tones for my Gretsch as well. Any recommendations on a good pre-amp for electric guitar that would help to put in between the electric guitar and the acoustic amp? I'm just looking for a good clean tone, maybe a bit of drive on occasions. I've been looking at a few modeling pedals (Behringer GDI, Tech 21 Blonde, Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Pedal) but haven't tried one yet.

The idea is to lug one amp to shows instead of two if possible.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

I use the Zoom G3 live with a clean Twin Reverb model thru a PA, it does a good job. One of the nice things about the G3, is you can experiment with different cabinets with the amp models. For example, you can have the Twin Reverb with a Vox AC30 or Marshall 4 10"speaker cab.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:45 PM

Thanks jricc, I've looked at some YT vids and the Zoom unit does look intriguing. I'm sure I'd get nice tones thru a pa, but wonder how it'd sound thru the acoustic amp. I would assume probably pretty good, though that's a LOT more than I'd need. Still the price is pretty good on that.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification