The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-06-2013, 07:52 PM

Default Loop pedal under $50?

Hey everybody.

Lately I've been looking for ways to spruce up my performances, and being the only guitarist and having few other instruments in my band, I figured a loop pedal would be the best way to go. Unfortunately they are pricey; I haven't been able to find one under $130. I've been looking at the Boss RC-2, TC Ditto, and Jam Man. However, I can't justify spending that much on a student budget.

Are there any cheap(er) ones out there?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:37 PM

In general, you get what you pay for. There may be some really cheap no name pedals out there, but I don't know of them and I don't think you want that in an acoustic signal chain (can compromise your tone). It may be best to wait a bit longer and put away a little extra if possible.

Loopers are a great tool. They have helped me in improving my timing and being able to just hear myself play. They are also great for sound checks when you want to hear what the audience hears. That being said, a quality one that you will use for years is nice to have.

The ditto is the cheapest I know of currently. Digitech is going to be releasing a pedal similar to the ditto but with a couple of needed features soon. I just found out about it a few days ago and started a thread here =>http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=297831
Old 06-06-2013, 09:52 PM

Interesting... That new Digitech model looks promising! Thanks for the heads up.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification