The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-18-2003, 05:51 PM

Default Baby Taylor Neck- Maple?

I was just browsing the TaylorGallery, and I stumbled upon a Baby there. It is a 2003 Rosewood with a maple neck instead of the normal Mahogany! My question is how can I get one of these, and is it expensive. Also, is it difficult or even possible to change out?

I have a 2003 Maple baby with a Mahogany neck- go figure- and would love a maple neck like the one in the gallery. Nice guitar.

Thanks,
DJ
Old 08-18-2003, 08:22 PM

That's a new one on me. Taylor made maple Baby necks for the Liberty Tree Baby, but I've never seen one on a "stock" Baby, and the few LTG Babys I've seen did not have any figuring in the neck. I'm wondering if there were some extra maple necks made for employee guitars, or something like that.

I don't think you can order a maple neck for a Baby, and it would probably be cost-prohibitive if you could, but it never hurts to ask. I'd call Taylor directly on that one, because if there's a chance, it's unlikely that many dealers would be aware of it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion