The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 03:20 PM

Default 2011 Taylor 412ce Spring Limited Walnut/Cedar w Maple Bindings

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT.

I am the second owner of this amazing concert size acoustic guitar, I have only had the guitar for less than 6 months. I purchased it from a member here at AGF. It's nearly flawless, with minor pick scratches in the pickguard and a few barely-visible dings on the guitar... you would have to be looking for them up close, tilting the guitar to find the perfect ray of light. Easily a 9/10. Still smells new.

I'm going to re-post the original seller's ad because, well, he had a very eloquent and accurate way of describing the guitar. It plays and sounds phenomenal, and has the newest, state-of-the-art Taylor ES pickup system installed, original hard shell case, all original everything of course.
I'm asking $1695 shipped, paypal in CONUS, which is a complete steal.
A famous Lexington shop currently has one listed for $2399.

Here's GSMC Bob's description:
I'll probably regret selling this one (this is a required statement for all AGF Classified listings!). Cedar/Walnut is my favorite tonewood pairing and Taylor is brilliant with these particular woods. In fact, according to Bob Taylor, Walnut is the preferred tonewood of many factory employees at Taylor. Walnut is often described as splitting the difference between Rosewood and Mahogany, but I think if you made a triangle with Rosewood, Mahogany, and Maple at each corner... Walnut would sit in the middle of that triangle sonically. It's got the wide frequency response of Rosewood, the woody tone and present midrange of Mahogany, and some of the projection and clarity of Maple. Ample overtones, but not too much. Topping it with Cedar warms it all up! Suffice it to say there are many Walnut devotees on AGF (do a search!). It's a wonderful fingerstyle guitar and handles light to medium strumming admirably.

I bought this brand new and the tone of this GC body is everything I hoped for and more - full yet responsive to a light touch.

I understand these are just about sold out nationwide, so just for fun I did a BTO worksheet from 2011 to duplicate this guitar. By the time you add in the (grade A) Walnut, the Maple binding, the Maple mini-wedge, the abalone rosette, the Pipeline inlay.. etc., the MSRP comes out to $5230! Needless to say, the value of Taylor's Limiteds are incredible!!

This 412ce 2011 Spring Limited is in excellent plus condition. Near mint really. There is one pencil point sized depression in the top (I couldn't capture it in the photos) and very minimal fret wear. The Cedar top is quite dark and the Maple bindings are nicely figured, but the flash in the picture lightens up the top and washes out the figure in the bindings some. The relevant measurements are: nut = 1 & 3/4", scale = 24 & 7/8", and string spacing at the bridge = 2 & 3/16". Being a 2011 model it has the latest version (Generation 3) of the Expression System. The ES was completely redesigned with a new discrete circuitry pre-amp, a new sensor harness, and a new location for the humbucking coil in 2010 which resulted in greatly improved sound over the previous two versions.
If you missed the Taylor 2011 Spring Limited Walnut series at your favorite dealer (they sold quickly!), here's your second chance.

Some basic photos are below, please feel free to view the original seller's actual listing (still active as of 11/24/12) for more photos, etc:
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...spring+limited

I'd be happy to take detailed photos with my DSLR for any serious buyers, otherwise consider it in very very good condition, and try searching the web for some sweet pics

Last edited by beachwail; 11-27-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: sold
Old 11-25-2012, 12:41 AM

I am the original owner of this guitar. I am sooooo tempted to buy back this fingerstyle sweetheart....

ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING: Taylor, Martin, Gibson, Yamaha, Guild...
Old 11-25-2012, 07:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMC Bob View Post
I am the original owner of this guitar. I am sooooo tempted to buy back this fingerstyle sweetheart....
I can certainly see why. She's a beaut...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 11-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Charter Member

E-mail sent!!!

Electrics
Fender / Fender Amps * TMG

Favorite Gin - Citadelle
Favorite Bourbon - Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Favorite Grape - Nebbiolo
Old 11-26-2012, 01:28 PM

monday bump
Old 11-26-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Bob, you know this guitar was made for you. Once you have heard that walnut/cedar magic, how can you be without it?

No affiliation with the seller, but these is something really special about the Taylor walnut /cedar sound. Drop down the tuning and you are in heaven for sure!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:58 PM

Guitar is sold pending payment...
Old 11-27-2012, 06:10 AM

Congratulations to the seller and the buyer! One of the best Taylor has ever offered. Way too much guitar for the price.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Charter Member

I've never claimed to be the biggest Taylor fan but i don't dislike them either but the walnut Taylors i've played have been great. I think Taylor has always done a good job getting the most out of cedar.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk View Post
I've never claimed to be the biggest Taylor fan but i don't dislike them either but the walnut Taylors i've played have been great. I think Taylor has always done a good job getting the most out of cedar.
Agreed! Taylor bring alot to the table with their cedar topped models. I think the cedar/walnut blends the best of the 500 series with the 700 series. It makes for a very unique and beautiful tone.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2PraiseHim View Post
Bob, you know this guitar was made for you. Once you have heard that walnut/cedar magic, how can you be without it?
Well, I do have a lovely Walnut/Cedar Taylor GA in the stable these days. Being without a Walnut Taylor is simply NOT an option for me!

I am glad the 412ce LTD found a home. It is a great little guitar!! By the way, this seller was a pleasure to deal with when he bought it from me...

ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING: Taylor, Martin, Gibson, Yamaha, Guild...

Last edited by GSMC Bob; 11-27-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Well, I do have a lovely Walnut/Cedar Taylor GA in the stable these days. Being without a Walnut Taylor is simply NOT an option for me!

I am glad the 412ce LTD found a home. It is a great little guitar!! By the way, this seller was a pleasure to deal with when he bought it from me...
Bob, what a surprise. You have been holding out on me. I hope to read all about it in the correct section and on the (other forum). This definitely needs its own thread!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Charter Member

yes Bob

Do tell, thats a really nice walnut there-we need the info(here or there)

d
Old 01-25-2013, 02:32 PM

If anyone has one of these and would be interested in considering a trade for the GA version, please contact me. I am gravitating towards the short scale. Trade value should be equal or $1700.

Last edited by Play2PraiseHim; 01-25-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:38 PM

Still looking for a trade. My GA 414ce Ltd for your GC 412ce Ltd.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
412ce, cedar, limited, taylor, walnut