The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-18-2012, 12:27 PM

Default Vega Goya Sigma Levin

I've had an old Vega V646 for years which I love and am interested in maybe buying another failed Martin subsidiary type guitar along these lines. Maybe a Goya? has anyone had experience of these type of guitars. I also have a Sigma from the '70s which I'm much less keen on. I can't seem to find out much about Vega or Goya on the net (except mainly to rubbish them which is a bit contrary to my experience with the Vega).

Anyone owned one of these guitars?

(This is my first post BTW).
Old 10-18-2012, 07:24 PM

I owned a Goya, a Vega and a Sigma DM5. The Goya was a pretty nice guitar with a nice neck and decent tone. The thing I didn't like about it was it had a red sunburst finish and I really didn't like that. I friend sold me a Cats Eyes Tokai and I then sold the Goya. The Vega was ok, nothing special. The Sigma was by far my favorite. I really didn't want to sell it but I wanted to buy a Yairi DY-51 and that was the only way I could afford it. The Sigma had great tone and a nice slim neck that was super comfortable to play. None of these guitars (except the Yairi) were my main guitar, they were all "Camping Guitars." I went through several Camping Guitars until I found my Mountain Guitar, that one's a keeper and better than even the Sigma.

My website:
http://draudio56.wix.com/warren-bendler

"It's hard...calming the Beatle inside of me."
Old 10-19-2012, 09:15 AM

I'll check out Mountain and Yairi. I should say my Sigma is a 12 string which I dont really like as all can seem to do on it is play chords. I'm trying to find a 70s Sigma.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunter View Post
I'll check out Mountain and Yairi. I should say my Sigma is a 12 string which I dont really like as all can seem to do on it is play chords. I'm trying to find a 70s Sigma.
Mountain guitars are also known as CF Mountain (before Martin sent them a cease and desist letter.) They are hard to find. I got mine on Craigslist. Yairi is Alvarez's high end, designed by Kazuo Yairi, their master luthier.

My website:
http://draudio56.wix.com/warren-bendler

"It's hard...calming the Beatle inside of me."
Old 11-06-2012, 08:01 PM

I recently acquired a Goya G318-C...and love it. Its got a great all-around sound and the intonation is on-the-money. I actually prefer it to my $800-dollar Takamine. Check it out on YOUTUBE: Honeymoon Bay Market music/Fredd Robertson CHEERS!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion