The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-04-2012, 07:06 PM

Default homespun tapes

Has anyone had experience with Homespun Tapes? I have tried to download a paid for lesson and 1) I have to try repeatedly to log into the download site and 2) once I do the download hangs. Is there something I'm missing????
Jeff B
Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcatluth View Post
Has anyone had experience with Homespun Tapes? I have tried to download a paid for lesson and 1) I have to try repeatedly to log into the download site and 2) once I do the download hangs. Is there something I'm missing????
Jeff B
Hi samcatluth...

Only Homespun can help you with the download.

They are a very reputable firm, highly regarded. I'd not be surprised if their customer service or tech services are able to help you over the hump.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 08-05-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcatluth View Post
Jeff B
Hey Sam, plus a few thousand to what Larry said. I've bought many lessons from Homespun over the years and they are a class act. If your having problems with a download, you can feel confident that if you contact them with a question or problem they will help you. Really, you can't get any better than Happy Traum.

Dennis.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Charter Member

i'm up on the podium as well, Homespun is top shelf, give'm a call or email monday and they will take care of you quickly.

d
Old 08-05-2012, 09:13 AM

I've had great luck with the downloads. They work great for me! The downloads can take a while, but that is normal for large video files.

Definitely get in touch with Homespun's customer service or tech support.

2009 Huss & Dalton TOM-R
1925 Washburn 5200
Old 08-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Charter Member

I've had great success with Homespun except for one time when I got stuck in a situation that sounds similar to yours. I had numerous downloads hang up and it turns out somehow that during my download attempts that my ip address got isolated on their server due to the number of requests. Servers routinely proactively quarantine ip addresses that send multiple/concurrent requests in a short period of time in order to fend off potential attacks on servers. You are obviously not trying to clog up or take down the server but it is possible that the Homespun/Leaping Brain server mistakenly saw you as such. I swapped a few emails with a customer service rep named Grace and she freed up the ip address and all was fine after that. Contact customer service and see if this might be your problem as well.

Rob

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion