The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Charter Member

Default Good site for learning beginning classical/spanish guitar?

I've been a strummer for many years on a steel string guitar and want to learn more fingerpicking in the classical and/or spanish style. I have a nylon string guitar on the way and wonder if there are any sites you'd recommend for learning. I know I can learn a lot from youtube, but want something a bit more structured. I don't mind paying for a site, if one is good, varied and offers a nice progression in skills. My schedule doesn't allow for structured lessons, so an online option is really what I am looking for.

Thanks very much,
Mike
Old 02-17-2012, 11:01 PM

Hi Mike. Here's a start:

http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/

Start with the D01 class and go from there...
Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 PM

This website is pretty decent, layout is a bit convoluted... Any other sites out there like this?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:19 PM

As a current student of Delcamp, I can assure you that the lessons are easy to understand and follow along. D01 are beginner lessons and you can change from 1st year (D01) to 2nd (D02) year if you like no problem, based upon your ability. I believe that the main part fo the course to to teach reading notation and of courese to master the particular way that classical guitar music is played. I am halfway through the 1st year and its challenging stuff sometimes, at other times it seems easy. but it builds upon each lesson as all courses do.

For flamenco I recommend http://www.flamencochuck.com/Academy...ncoGuitar.html

There are tons of spanish flamenco stuff there, mp3 recordings, movies of him playing some tunes and background reading material. Enough to make you a pretty good flamenco player. I am studying this alongside the Delcamp stuff to break up the monotony a bit. I've printed off most of the material and downloaded the mp3 and movies as well to play along and study his technique, which is superb. Chuck spent a lot of time in the Gypsy area of Spain to learn this stuff through and through and it shows. He thoroughly expalins it all.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

Thanks very much! I will certainly look at the suggested sites. I also found this one:

http://www.spanishguitarlessons.org/

If anyone has tested it out, I'd like to know your thoughts. $47 for a lifetime subscription is certainly cheap enough (and we have a right to get paid for our expertise), as long as the material is presented well.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 03-09-2012, 08:41 PM

http://www.douglasniedt.com/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical