The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-08-2003, 12:42 PM

Default DDSM Question

I recently received a Doyle Dykes signature model from my dealer, but it didn't come with any literature about the electronics. -- it appears that one string is out of balance with the other 5, and i would like to read up on how to adjust the individual pickups.

1. Is this an oversight from the factory? Did any of you DDSM owners receive this documentation with your guitar?

2. Anyone with an idea of what life expectancy is for battery for this guy?

3. The red LED is constantly ON whenever I have a cable plugged in... Is this normal? ... I know some other pre-amps only flash the LED when cable is plugged in to show battery condition.

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2003, 01:35 PM

i knew a guy with a gibson J45 that had that problem with string balance. it was a 5 minute fix in the shop, the pickup was loose.
Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give that to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:48 PM
guitar, amp fixer upper.

HI Briguy
I've got a DDSM and it came with a small brochure about the pick up. Go to LR Baggs website and they'll have any info you need. And I agree it's usually a loose wire or element. And when the red lite goes out it's time to change the battery. It lasts quite a while. And yes with the Baggs, as with the Fishman Matrix, you've got to remove or loosen the strings to replace the battery.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion