The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-17-2011, 08:53 PM

Default NGD - used Seagull SM12

Ever since I sold my cedar topped S12 i have been on the lookout for the right 12 string guitar. Today i happened to drop by my local store (House of Guitars), and there it was, hanging in the corner - as soon as I got my mits on it I knew this would fit my needs just fine - action is nice and low, it is more punchier sounding than cedar topped model I had, guitar is an older one and it has aged nicely. Has some dings and dents but oh well, it just ads to its charm. For me it is mainly about tone, construction and playability.
Got her home, enlarged the endpin hole so I could use my Misi Duo for those amplified moments - installed strap buttons - will wait on the string change as the ones that are on it are just fine. Got spare set of EJ38's ready to go.
Played a lot
Seagull SM12 - solid spruce top - mahogany back and sides. 1.9" nutwidth, 24.84" scale. Damage to the wallet $200. I can live with that. Enjoyment - priceless.
This will make a great companion to my Martin 000-15M and La Patrie Motif.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:03 AM

Congrats Swsman! Sounds like you have a guitar with 'character' (that's what I call my guitars with dings and dents).

Were you planning on buying a guitar that day or just perusing and were fortunate enough to find one you liked?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:18 PM

Wasn't really looking to buy anything. Came into the store as I haven't done so in a few months. Started playing it and that was that. It spoke to me.
It has been getting a lot of playtime. Probably some more here in a few minutes.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion