The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-09-2011, 02:25 PM

Default New Martin

Yesterday I purchased a Martin D-16GT from GC and I was very excited. It's good to know that now, GC well at least my local GC hired a guitar tech to do set ups on all their guitar. He did a really good job on my D-16GT. It sounded really good and was very comfortable to play. This morning as I was polishing my new Martin, I noticed a hair line fracture on the side. Did not waste any time and put the guitar back in its case and off to GC I went with the intention to exchange it. Well they did not have another one in stock but I was told that they could order me another one. That was fine but as I was looking around their acoustic room. This little Martin caught my eye. It was simple in appointment and as I played it found that it was also set up by their technician... Plays like butter...and sounded so sweet. Did not know what model it was at the time but I figured it will be more expensive than the 16GT. Well, it was but not much more. It was the OOO-MMV. She's at home with me now. I snap a couple of pictures but I don't know hot to attached it in my post.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:32 PM

Copied from FAQ section of this site ...

How do you insert a picture into your posts? The picture must be held on a website: you may not post an image directly from your computer. There are a number of websites where you may upload pictures for free such as photobucket and flickr.

Locate the image (on the web) that you'd like to display in your post, right-click on it and select Properties from the menu. Copy the entire address (URL) of the image to your clipboard [Ctrl-C]. In your post, click on the Insert Image icon (The yellow box with the mountains). A prompt will appear asking you for the URL of the image. Paste the link you copied to your clipboard [Ctrl-V], then click OK. This will insert the image into your post. (Note: You wont see the image until you preview or submit your post.)
Collings OM2H Custom
Old 01-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM4FRED View Post
Yesterday I purchased a Martin D-16GT from GC and I was very excited. It's good to know that now, GC well at least my local GC hired a guitar tech to do set ups on all their guitar. He did a really good job on my D-16GT. It sounded really good and was very comfortable to play. This morning as I was polishing my new Martin, I noticed a hair line fracture on the side. Did not waste any time and put the guitar back in its case and off to GC I went with the intention to exchange it. Well they did not have another one in stock but I was told that they could order me another one. That was fine but as I was looking around their acoustic room. This little Martin caught my eye. It was simple in appointment and as I played it found that it was also set up by their technician... Plays like butter...and sounded so sweet. Did not know what model it was at the time but I figured it will be more expensive than the 16GT. Well, it was but not much more. It was the OOO-MMV. She's at home with me now. I snap a couple of pictures but I don't know hot to attached it in my post.
Martins Rock! Congratulations on your 000-MMV acquisition and I know you'll enjoy it for years to come!

Regards,

SpruceTop
Adamas I 2087GT-8
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Old 01-09-2011, 04:25 PM

Martins rule.....
Old 01-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Charter Member

Here is a recent thread with a pic-I got gas now, thanks a lot-
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=190348
Schecter California Classic Strat 1990s
Old 01-09-2011, 05:25 PM

Congrats on your new Martin. I've been taking lunch breaks at my local GC all this week. It was the MMV that's got my attention as well. One of these days....
Old 01-09-2011, 06:20 PM

Congrats on the new Martin and thank you for sharing a positive story involving GC.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:04 PM

Thank you all. I just now been able to put her down...Til tomorrow again. I might have to take a snow day tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Thank you all. I just now been able to put her down...Til tomorrow again. I might have to take a snow day tomorrow.

Congrats on the new guitar -- even if it is the "M-word" brand!! (and just kidding).
Old 01-10-2011, 11:17 AM

Snow day today.. Went cross the street to show my neighboor my new Martin. He owns several very expensive Martin. He was not so enthust about my new guitar. He played it and to me it sounded really good. He even commented that it plays really good and has a good set up. Then he asked me, so when are you going to get a real Martin? Im like whatttt???? He told me that anything below the 18 series aren't real Martin. Wow! Is that right? Well, for me. This is the most I could pay for a guitar and I am very happy with my purchase. I think he is just one of those people that arent capable of being happy for someone else....Oh well....He can just keep his guitars on display while I play mine...
Old 01-10-2011, 11:25 AM

a lot of people are real "snobby" about their guitars. don't mind them, just play yours and enjoy it!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 01-10-2011, 11:33 AM

At least he didnt call it a knockoff, lol. Martin-royaltilitus cases run severe sometimes.

Congrats on your new guit fred, as long as it makes you happy thats all that matters. Play on with a smile!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:38 AM

Congratulations on your REAL Martin enjoy!

https://sites.google.com/site/leebla...<br /> <br />https://www.youtube.com/user/lroyb83
Old 01-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Charter Member

Hi Fred,

Congratulations on that new guitar! Glad to hear the GC is taking care of you! Very cool!

- Glenn
Old 01-10-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Snow day today.. Went cross the street to show my neighboor my new Martin. He owns several very expensive Martin. He was not so enthust about my new guitar. He played it and to me it sounded really good. He even commented that it plays really good and has a good set up. Then he asked me, so when are you going to get a real Martin? Im like whatttt???? He told me that anything below the 18 series aren't real Martin. Wow! Is that right? Well, for me. This is the most I could pay for a guitar and I am very happy with my purchase. I think he is just one of those people that arent capable of being happy for someone else....Oh well....He can just keep his guitars on display while I play mine...
You said it. If Toy Story was real all of his Martins would break out of their cages and come over to your house to play. You've got a real Martin and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.
Martin OM28V
...and newest member of the family, the ROS-06!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion