The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-13-2009, 08:38 PM

Default What's a good used price for a Martin HD16R LSH?

Actually, it's probably too late to ask, I just paid $xxxx for one (shipped), but am thinking that was a bit on the high side.

I normally look on ebay, but there were none on there.

By the way, Hi! I'm new here and have 2 Gibson Hummingbirds that I love, and looking for something louder and brighter.

Last edited by Darrel; 05-13-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Price
Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 PM

We're actually not allowed to discuss prices so don't be offended if a mod changes your amount to an "$xxx"

As far as overpaying, only you can decide that. If she plays well and you enjoy the tone then it seems to be a good price. But if it doesn't come as described then that's another story.

Most large sound hole Martins sell at about $1600+ brand new from what I've seen. Some even more.
2009 Martin LX1
2008 Yamaha FG720s
Old 05-14-2009, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHulkster View Post
We're actually not allowed to discuss prices so don't be offended if a mod changes your amount to an "$xxx"

As far as overpaying, only you can decide that. If she plays well and you enjoy the tone then it seems to be a good price. But if it doesn't come as described then that's another story.

Most large sound hole Martins sell at about $1600+ brand new from what I've seen. Some even more.

Thanks,

Oh well, I guess I can look at it as being cheaper than buying new. I've heard a lot of good things about that model ... bang for the buck type of thing.

-Joel
Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 AM

Without saying specific prices, the general rule of thumb for recent used Martins in almost new condition is about 50% of the MSRP (not retail price). The resale value can vary, depending on the model, but it is a good starting point.

Jim
Old 05-15-2009, 09:03 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks, I guess I may have done ok on this one!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:25 PM

There are lots of great "bang for the buck" Martins and other brand acoustic guitars. Congrats on the new git and welcome to the AGF, Zone47. BTW, where did you come up with that interesting name?

ALSO you can discuss prices with individual members back-channel by using the "Send private message" (PM) feature, just not on the open forum......
Old 05-16-2009, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66strummer View Post
There are lots of great "bang for the buck" Martins and other brand acoustic guitars. Congrats on the new git and welcome to the AGF, Zone47. BTW, where did you come up with that interesting name?

ALSO you can discuss prices with individual members back-channel by using the "Send private message" (PM) feature, just not on the open forum......

Thanks, it will arrive Monday. If the guitar is in excellent condition, plays and sounds good, I'll be happy even if I paid one or two hundred over the going rate.

Zone47 came from UPS shipping label .... I was trying to think of a forum name and had a box sitting there, it all came together so beautiful.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion