The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-11-2003, 08:27 PM

Default DDSM Desert Rose comments?

I have seen this guitar once, but did not realy get a chance to play it much. any proud owners have any comments on the guitar. I am led to understand that the pickup system in the guitar is outstanding. Anyone with opinions?

Cheers,
Steve Z
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream” ~Mark Twain
Old 01-11-2003, 09:56 PM

I have one of the earlier DDSM guitars which, as far as i can tell, is the same guitar, but w/different inlays and a vastly different color. Both have the LR Baggs electronics.

I love mine. Very nice sound.
Old 01-11-2003, 10:06 PM

Have both the new and the original limited edition.
Basically same guitar, but the desert rose comes in flamed maple instead of quilted like the previous ones.
Some people can hear the difference of the various maples, to me they all sound nice.
We're pleased with them. Can't give much feedback on the pickup system since most of our playing at home is unplugged. The sound of the guitar by itself is great, and we've heard Doyle play them plugged in -- he sounded fine, so I guess they're ok.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:24 AM

Played the new orange one at Guiutars, Etc., in Tucson a few months back. Seemed very nice, but did not plug it in. Played one of the Pallet guitars, too, and was amazed at the sound! Those Taylor folks can make a great sounding guitar out of anything....
Old 01-12-2003, 03:26 PM

I played that pallet guitar at Guitars etc as well. Truly amazing, but still like my "lowly" 312ce better....

DD
Old 01-12-2003, 06:53 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds as though everyone is extremely happy with the DDSM.

Steve Z
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream” ~Mark Twain
Old 01-13-2003, 07:48 PM

I wish one of my models had the Baggs in it

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion