The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-09-2009, 11:13 AM

Default The amp gods smilith...

As is the case on any given day, I took my dog for a stroll around the neighborhood early this morning. Seems the family of the gentleman who lived down the street ( a well known musician whose name I'll not mention) who recently passed away has been doing some spring cleaning to get the house ready for sale.
I, being pack rat and trash picker #1, couldn't help but notice the pile they had put on the street for the "department of big things" (or whomever got there first...) and low and behold, there sat a Polytone Mini Brute II ( http://www.polytoneamps.com/catalog3.html) in PERFECT working order...what luck I thought!
Then I looked a bit farther and there sat a matched pair of B&O Beovox stereo speakers with a note adding that they were in working order...WOW!..pure audiophile quality FOR NADA...AND a great jazz amp...

I dunno...all this and my dentist telling me my bloodpressure has gone down makes me a bit nervous....ain't nothing had without SOME payback...not even via pure luck..so,......I'm waiting.....
Old 03-09-2009, 03:10 PM

Nice,,, put it all to good use.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 PM

WOW!!!! Did you find anything else amongst the discarded stuff?
Old 03-22-2009, 05:35 PM

I too, am a proud owner of the Polytone Mini Brute II. I particulary like the 100 watts in a 26 pound package. I take it everywhere and use it for both my acoustic and electric guitars. Highly recommended for anyone!
1973 Guild S-100, 2 Humbuckers
1967 Guild D-40, Original factory acoustic electric. The volume and tone controls are on the soundboard. Has Guild mag pickup at base of neck.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification