The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-07-2008, 11:40 AM

Default 000-15 With a Modified V-neck?

Hey gang,

Lately I've really been wanting an all mahogany guitar...the 000-15 seems perfect (and right within my price range), but I don't care for the regular neck. Does anyone know if it has ever been made with the modified v-neck?

thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Charter Member

Here is a link to a 12-fret version of the 000-15 which has a modified low oval neck design. http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/...?p=m&m=000-15S

This is not the full V-neck, but it's a little thicker than the modern low profile. I notice that both the 000-15 and 000-15S listed by Martin use the low oval neck shape, so I don't suppose this is going to solve your problem.

I looked around on the Internet to see if any other companies offer an all-mahogany guitar, but I didn't find anything in my short search. However, I don't know much about this type of guitar. (My wife as an old LG-0 Gibson that is all mahogany, but the neck is very small.)

Good luck in your search,
Glenn
Old 12-07-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Here is a link to a 12-fret version of the 000-15 which has a modified low oval neck design. http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/...?p=m&m=000-15S

This is not the full V-neck, but it's a little thicker than the modern low profile. I notice that both the 000-15 and 000-15S listed by Martin use the low oval neck shape, so I don't suppose this is going to solve your problem.

I looked around on the Internet to see if any other companies offer an all-mahogany guitar, but I didn't find anything in my short search. However, I don't know much about this type of guitar. (My wife as an old LG-0 Gibson that is all mahogany, but the neck is very small.)

Good luck in your search,
Glenn
Thanks...Guild has an all-mahogany GAD, but it's got the same neck problem. Having one custom-made is way beyond my budget, so I may just have to settle with the regular neck.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:09 PM

I just played one a few days ago, it has modified low oval neck. The neck is thinner than the D-35 (front to back).
I liked the neck better on the 000-15 than the D-35
Old 12-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Charter Member

Here's one for sale with a regular neck. Good price too! If i wasnt trying to reign in my overconsumptive tendencies i would've been all over this like pacman on delahoya! (Great fight btw, Delahoya's always been a class act, Manny is probably one of the greatest and humblest champions ever! )

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=140849

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion