The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-17-2008, 04:50 AM

Default Non-Taylor Nylon Recommendations?

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but bear with me. I need to raise a sum of money (don't you just love the taxman), so am looking to downgrade on the nylon strung front. I really don't play 'classical' enough to warrant keeping my NS32ce and would like to move down the scale to another make (obviously because the NS32 is as low as you go with Taylor) as I still want to have a nylon strung.

Does anyone out there have anything they could recommend as a nuthin' fancy, highly playable, sonically sweet nylon strung guitar for the occasional picker like myself? Any Taylor nylon users who also have or have had other instruments which are as great to play as the Taylor (but cost half as much)?

If anyone in the UK is interestd in an immaculate NS32 then I'll probably put it in the for sale section quite soon. Probably not a bargain if you're in the US, but to us Brits (God bless the weak dollar) very cheap.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:32 AM

I found myself in a situation where I had to sell my NS72ce-LTD. I've decided to wait until I can afford another Taylor nylon-string guitar but I'm fortunate to still have a true classical guitar. (I actually had a dream where I was suddenly able to buy back my guitar from the person who bought it.) You might want to consider a Cordoba 55FCE Thin Body Nylon String acoustic-electric guitar. The Cordoba does not have a thin, Taylor-like neck, however. It has a typical classical guitar neck.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Charter Member

Yamaha makes some Farly decent and reasonably priced classical guitars.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:52 AM

Talking Options

I sent you a PM regarding the Godin / LaPatrie Nylon Hybrid.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:59 AM

I've heard good things about the new Kenny Hill New World Estudio line....solid top, laminate back & sides, very reasonably priced.

May want to check out the "showroom" tab on the Hill website:

http://www.hillguitar.com/

Early reviews are excellent for this new student line of Hill guitars.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:04 PM

I used to own a LaPatrie nylon and I reckon it was pretty good and it was certainly good value. The neck is much more playable than your average classical too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion