The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-20-2008, 03:18 PM

Exclamation How to remove Baggs LB6

Hello,

Any information for removing a Baggs LB6 will be appreciated.

Mike
Old 05-20-2008, 08:07 PM

As far as removing the LB6 pickup, it should be as simple as unstringing and lifting the saddle out, since the pickup is the saddle. The pickup's wire should be going straight down on the bass end.

What's the wire connected to? If it's currently connected to anything, it will have to be de-soldered from it so the wire can come through the hole.

Are you installing something in its place?

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Theodore Seuss Geisel

'04 Gibson Melody Maker
Ampeg J-20 Jet
Electro-Harmonix Holy Stain
Boss DS-1
Baggs Para D.I.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Deane View Post
...Any information for removing a Baggs LB6 will be appreciated...
Hi Mike...
Samurai is right...just desolder or clip at the jack and it will lift out of the saddle slot.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 05-21-2008, 07:28 AM

Exclamation How to remove Baggs LB6

Thanks, Larry and Samurai.

I am trying to install a K&K mini. However, I would like to uninstall the LB6 as nice as possible just in case I would like to use it again.

I think I will try the "unsolder" technique.

Mike
Old 05-21-2008, 09:07 AM

Mike,

You could just detach the LB6 from the strap-jack or preamp which its currently connected to, and wire it to the ring channel (hot lead to ring contact and shield to the ground contact) of the mini-Pure strap-jack. With that setup, you wouldn't need to replace your saddle and you'd have the two passive pickups wired in stereo in your guitar (mini-Pure to tip, LB6 to ring).

This setup would give you multiple pickup options:

1) You could use the mini-Pure by itself with a mono cable.

2) You could use a stereo cable to send the two signals to a blender (or two channels of an amp or PA mixer) for blending.

3) You could use the LB6 by itself with a specially wired mono cable. (This cable would have a stereo plug on the end which goes to the guitar, with the mono cable's hot lead wired to the stereo plug's ring contact. You'd have a regular mono plug on the cable end which goes to the preamp or high impedance amp input.)

4) You could use a specially wired mono cable to connect the two pickups in parallel. (This cable would have a stereo plug, with tip shorted to ring, on the end which goes to the guitar. You'd have a regular mono plug on the cable end which goes to your preamp or high impedance amp input.) Such wired-in-parallel IST (in-saddle transducer)/SBT combinations can sound very good in some cases , and also be more feedback resistant than the SBT by itself. Its at least worth a try.

Gary

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification