The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-19-2008, 01:32 PM

Default Composite Acoustic Cargo

If anyone is looking for a Cargo ... Hill Country Music in Fredericksburg Texas has 3 of them. These are incredible little guitars! Oh, Their number is 830-997-0900.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to call the tommorow. What colors do they have?
Old 05-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphelan01 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to call the tommorow. What colors do they have?
These things sell so fast, if you really want one, I'd call right away if they're still open. People are reporting that orders for the Cargo are now into August.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
These things sell so fast, if you really want one, I'd call right away if they're still open. People are reporting that orders for the Cargo are now into August
Yep.......I ordered and paid for mine two months ago. Ellie at Artisan Guitars called today to say it was being shipped direct from CA today to make it here in time for a trip to Maui. Now THAT'S service.

Petros, Paragon, National, Martin, Rainsong, and Santa Cruz
Old 05-20-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbg_tx View Post
If anyone is looking for a Cargo ... Hill Country Music in Fredericksburg Texas has 3 of them. These are incredible little guitars! Oh, Their number is 830-997-0900.
He now has only 2. I called and ordered one of the 3 he had. It should be here Wednesday. I don't remember the salesman's name but he was very good to deal with and he even called me back to tell me when it was shipped and when it should arrive. He also told me the rep said he might not be able to get anymore until next January.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Crust View Post
Yep.......I ordered and paid for mine two months ago. Ellie at Artisan Guitars called today to say it was being shipped direct from CA today to make it here in time for a trip to Maui. Now THAT'S service.
I ordered a charcoal one from Artisan Guitars / Ellie about a month ago. Can hardly wait to bring it to the beach this summer.

Mike
Old 05-20-2008, 06:50 PM

I've played mine quite a bit since it arrived. It's a nice little guitar, and the portabilty of it makes this the ideal travel guitar IMHO. Oh, and the upgraded gig bag fits like a dream and is very nice quality.

Petros, Paragon, National, Martin, Rainsong, and Santa Cruz
Old 05-20-2008, 10:26 PM

They upgraded the gig bag? I had already ordered a baby taylor bag to go with my Cargo (also ordered - hopefully being shipped this week).

'08 Maingard 000 (12 fret) BRW/Italian Spruce
'08 Bashkin 00 (12 fret) LS Redwood/MadRose
'01 De Jonge OM BRW/Sitka
'08 CA Cargo
'08 Eastman T-185
'09 Collings All Hog C10
Old 05-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Perennially Maladroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbg_tx View Post
Are you affiliated with Hill Country Music?

I know this is a guitar forum with a HUGE audience of guitar buyers, but I believe there is a certain protocol established to prevent a deluge of dealers/retailers from promoting inventory under the guise of just another 'guitar fan.'

From the FORUM RULES Section....
*** ATTENTION DEALERS *** You may NOT use the Acoustic Guitar Forum to represent your business. Commercial participation is reserved for manufacturing sponsors.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Are you affiliated with Hill Country Music?

I know this is a guitar forum with a HUGE audience of guitar buyers, but I believe there is a certain protocol established to prevent a deluge of dealers/retailers from promoting inventory under the guise of just another 'guitar fan.'

From the FORUM RULES Section....
*** ATTENTION DEALERS *** You may NOT use the Acoustic Guitar Forum to represent your business. Commercial participation is reserved for manufacturing sponsors.
Hey Kevin -It looks like you're correct and he is a manager and CA dealer with Hill Country Music as he states in his previous post - http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=121566. It is good to remind everyone about the rules, especially since we keep growing with new members every month..Thanks!

Ron - Welcome to the AGF..with all of the interest in CA Cargos, I'm sure you meant well, but rules are rules.

Aloha,

Hen
Clark: A-Wedge Monkeypod/Snkr Rdwd
Cornerstone: Zion All Koa
Cornerstone: Tenor Ukulele Prototype #2 All Koa
Fay: OM Mac Eb/Englemann
Stehr: Aud. Braz/Snkr Rdwd 8-str

Plaid Coyote's gone home to play

Last edited by hnuuhiwa; 05-20-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:23 PM

I just received my Cargo guitar and it sounds great. Was I supposed to get a upgraded gig bag? Mine came with a TKL gig bag that is too big and fits like ****.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:52 PM

I guess it would be some kind of bad voodoo to sell those Cargo guitars with an archtop hard case...
Old 05-28-2008, 07:13 PM

Just scored a Cargo from Bellevue American Music near Seattle. It's on the way and should be here in a few days.

Has anyone tried a Taylor Baby gig bag with them? Is it better than the gig bag it comes with?

Playing guitar badly since 1964.

Some Taylor guitars.
Three Kala ukuleles (one on tour with the Box Tops).
A 1937 A-style mandolin.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
Just scored a Cargo from Bellevue American Music near Seattle. It's on the way and should be here in a few days.

Has anyone tried a Taylor Baby gig bag with them? Is it better than the gig bag it comes with?
I use the Baby Taylor gig bag for my Cargo (after my BT got smashed). It's a good snug fit. It's way better than the TKL gig bag that came with the Cargo (including mine) until very recently which was way too big (apparently some Cargos are still being shipped with the TKL bag. There's a pic in another recent thread of the new, smaller gig bag that now comes with the Cargo, but IMO, and only based on the pic, the Baby Taylor gig bag is still better.

BTW, a friend of mine wants a Cargo asap. Do you know if Bellevue American Music has any more?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:19 PM

I'm using the Gator 3/4-size hard case (meant for the Taylor Baby and Martin LXM) with mine and it fits pretty well. The body length is a little smaller, so it's not perfect, but not bad at all. And it was inexpensive for a hard case, especially if you watch for one of the discount deals at the big online retailers. I'm anti gig bags.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber