The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-03-2008, 07:49 AM

Default Looking for a new acoustic...

I'm looking to get a new acoustic for my birthday next week. Right now I play an old Westfield and, though it's served me well, I feel like the action is holding me back because it can be quite difficult to play.

Looking for something good quality, with a low action and good sound. been looking at some of the lower end Martins and Taylors on eBay (Martin DX1 and Taylor Big Baby - are these any good). I'm sure these sound a lot better than what I'm used to but how is the action on these guitars? I'm looking to spend about £300 (bearing in mind I've been looking on eBay, so these are cheaper than buying brand new). Any thoughts? As I say, the easier to play the better. Preferably with a narrower fingerboard as opposed to anything wide because I have small hands and struggle as it is!

Last edited by twig87; 03-03-2008 at 08:01 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion