The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Default Life is not good sometimes (and a short clip that reflects this)

My mother-in-law is not doing well. Last Saturday she went to the hospital via ambulance due to possible pneumonia (and she already has COPD). Then on Tuesday while in the hospital, she had a very slight stroke, which caused her to get mixed up mentally occasionally, but no other problems. Now starting today she developed a form of dementia. This is quite common in older people the doctors told us. It seems when older people (she's 75) get out of their normal routine, along with the stress of being sick and being in a place they don't want to be in, it really effects them. They told us she'll get better over time and once she is released from the hospital she should improve at a much faster pace.

Obviously we are all very concerned and upset at her current condition. Tonight I was just sitting at my computer and thinking about how fleeting life really is. One minute you can be here and the next gone to the next life. This short tune is the result of my moment of contemplation:Life

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

Last edited by TBman; 02-17-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:48 PM

Barry,

Sorry to hear about your Mother-In-Law's condition. I sincerely hope her condition improves soon.

Your composition is very nice and expresses distress, worry and uncertainty. You are good at putting every day emotions into songs.

Darryl
Old 02-18-2008, 07:52 AM

Barry,

I am very sorry to hear about your Mother-In-Law's health problems. I hope she recovers very quickly when she leaves the hospital as you mentioned.

Nice song, you can sense the emotion you put into it.

Best of luck with everything.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Thanks guys.

My SoundCloud page

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 02-18-2008, 07:47 PM
some guy from NY

Barry,
...a very good song. I like many that are on your page. "Life" is high on the list.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd_harmonic View Post
Barry,
...a very good song. I like many that are on your page. "Life" is high on the list.
Thank you!

My SoundCloud page

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 02-19-2008, 06:48 AM

Default Barry-Hang in There!!

Barry,

After going through the loss of both parents and in-laws(Diabetes, strokes, Alzheimers, Dementia, the whole deal)hospitals, Nursing Homes, Dr. Bills, etc. over the past 5 years I can really feel your pain.

However, that being said, or typed, I must stress to you the importance of taking care of yourself and YOUR life also. You need to be strong for your family, but not knowing you or your Mom in law, I feel they would want your help, truly appreciate it, but at the same time, they want your happiness to continue after this ordeal.

Be strong for them, but also be strong for you!

Your music will be a tremendous help, to give you "somewhere" to go for you and all who listen. You have excellent guitar "feel" and have made my morning a bit nicer!

My prayers are with you.

2004 Taylor 410
2006 Washburn WD18SW
2007 Guild GAD-G212
2001 Taylor 814CE
2008 Langer Cigar Box Guitar (Hand built by Me!!)
2008 Taylor Big Baby
2010 Antonio Hermosa AH10 Classical
Old 02-19-2008, 07:15 AM
happiness

Barry I haven't listened to your song yet because I've just spotted this thread whilst at work and I can't download music files here, but I will listen to it when I get home. I just wanted to let you know I feel for you, my mother in law is also in hospital at the moment (there's a thread in the Open Mic about it.)

I hope that in your mother in law's case, the doctors' prediction that she will get better, and faster, once she's home and in her familiar surroundings will prove to be true. But yes, these things certainly remind us how fragile life is, and they also remind us about our priorities.

Edit - it's now Tuesday evening and I'm at home, so I've just listened to your recording. Wow, that is beautiful and very expressive.

Fliss

Last edited by Fliss; 02-19-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by langerr View Post
Barry,

After going through the loss of both parents and in-laws(Diabetes, strokes, Alzheimers, Dementia, the whole deal)hospitals, Nursing Homes, Dr. Bills, etc. over the past 5 years I can really feel your pain.

However, that being said, or typed, I must stress to you the importance of taking care of yourself and YOUR life also. You need to be strong for your family, but not knowing you or your Mom in law, I feel they would want your help, truly appreciate it, but at the same time, they want your happiness to continue after this ordeal.

Be strong for them, but also be strong for you!

Your music will be a tremendous help, to give you "somewhere" to go for you and all who listen. You have excellent guitar "feel" and have made my morning a bit nicer!

My prayers are with you.
Thanks! I started finally starting taking the low dose coated aspirin daily as my doctor advised a few months ago and I'm back on my diet. Thanks again for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliss View Post
Barry I haven't listened to your song yet because I've just spotted this thread whilst at work and I can't download music files here, but I will listen to it when I get home. I just wanted to let you know I feel for you, my mother in law is also in hospital at the moment (there's a thread in the Open Mic about it.)

I hope that in your mother in law's case, the doctors' prediction that she will get better, and faster, once she's home and in her familiar surroundings will prove to be true. But yes, these things certainly remind us how fragile life is, and they also remind us about our priorities.

Edit - it's now Tuesday evening and I'm at home, so I've just listened to your recording. Wow, that is beautiful and very expressive.

Fliss

Thanks Fliss and you have my prayers, I hope your MIL gets well also.

My SoundCloud page

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell