The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-17-2008, 08:03 AM

Default H2 Firmware upgrade 1.2

I just purchased a Zoom H2 and I am running MAC Leopard. To be able to upload to the MAC I must upgrade to 1.2 on the H2. The instructions on the Zoom H2 web page ask that:

3. Copy the "SYSTEM.BIN" file into the root directory of the SD card via a USB connection. (An SDHC card cannot be used for version-up. Please use an SD card.)

I have no idea what that means. The H2 is not recognized by the MAC so I cannot upgrade it by connecting through the USB.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Paul
Taylor '13 Custom 12 Fret Hog GC
PRS P22
Fender MIM Strat
Old 02-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Paul View Post
I just purchased a Zoom H2 and I am running MAC Leopard. To be able to upload to the MAC I must upgrade to 1.2 on the H2. The instructions on the Zoom H2 web page ask that:

3. Copy the "SYSTEM.BIN" file into the root directory of the SD card via a USB connection. (An SDHC card cannot be used for version-up. Please use an SD card.)

I have no idea what that means. The H2 is not recognized by the MAC so I cannot upgrade it by connecting through the USB.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Paul
Hi Paul...
One can easily access the SD card and data via a card reader instead of using the H2 itself as the interface. I often download songs/recordings from my H2 and H4 via direct access this way instead of interfacing the units directly to the computer. It is faster.

I'd imagine if you had an SDHC card rather than an SD card, it would be labeled as such. Almost certainly the one included with the unit is the one to use.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Charter Member

Don't know Macs. But it sounds like LJ is right. You take the SD card out of the H2. (My H2 came with a 512MB card. i upgraded to 2Gig). You would plug the SD card into the computer, if it has a SD slot. Some computers do. Or you get a little USB cable with a thingy on the end to insert an SD card. (Every office supply or camera or computer store sells them). The card then becomes a mass storage devise for the computer. And you load the mysterious file to the card.

Then you remove the card, stick it back in the H2, and plug the H2 into the computer via USB.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the input, I did not know there was a way to use the SD card in that way, makes sense.

Thanks again.
PRS P22
Fender MIM Strat
Old 02-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Paul View Post
Thanks for the input, I did not know there was a way to use the SD card in that way, makes sense.

Thanks again.
Hi David...
I have several ''card readers'' for my digital work (photo and sound). I remove the card, and plug the card into the reader. Then I plug it into the USB port of the computer where it shows up like another external drive.

Then I can access the contents of the card just like any other drive. I am a Mac user, and when I'm finished, I ''eject'' the card to dismount it, and remove it from the USB port and put it back into the device to erase it or reformat it and reuse it.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 02-17-2008, 04:32 PM

Luckily for me the Dell laptop I have that is used for my 3D design work has an SD card reader on it. Did the upload no problem. The MAC now recognizes the H2.

Thanks again.
PRS P22
Fender MIM Strat

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell