The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-15-2019, 10:55 AM
Guest 928

Methos;

Have you taken a look at Wicked's X7 nylon guitar, for sale, at a reduced price?

Cecil;

I have, and I'm happy with, a thin-bodied, nylon string, electric guitar. It is about 2" in width, hollow-bodied, and powered with the Barbera pickup. It is a marvelous instrument.

The confusion comes with my order of an X10 with the same features, but slightly larger. Alistair was thinking "slim" and I was thinking "thin" and it turned out there is a difference. The 10 is not as thin as the 7 and is a good balance of acoustic and electric sound. The 7 emphasizes the electric with a modest acoustic sound.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Methos;

Have you taken a look at Wicked's X7 nylon guitar, for sale, at a reduced price?
Yes, I looked at that briefly. There's a few things I like but a few more that I didn't like. Not a fan of that Baggs system. Also not a fan of the Emerald blue (my first X20 was blue) and not a fan of that particular veneer. So while a great price for a custom, not worth it for me.

Reached out to Emerald today with a laundry list of possibilities for a future build if nothing pops in the near future that does tickle my fancy.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:37 PM

You guys aren't helping my current nylon itch!
Old 03-15-2019, 06:17 PM
Guest 928

GuitarLuva;

Itches require scratching.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
GuitarLuva;

Itches require scratching.
Yes it's the scratching that gets me in trouble. Remember when I told the wife I was selling my Gibson to fund my X20 and I of course came to my senses and decided that was a bad idea. She reminds me every day!
Old 03-15-2019, 07:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
Yes it's the scratching that gets me in trouble. Remember when I told the wife I was selling my Gibson to fund my X20 and I of course came to my senses and decided that was a bad idea. She reminds me every day!
I hope you have learned from this. It is important to NOT say that you will sell any other guitars "to fund the next." Feel free to think it, just do not say those words out loud.

You're welcome.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I think we should have a "matching" fund raising type thing. You would be safe from the lady friend because you spent no money. The forum could raise the needed money for a couple Emeralds; a custom nylon for you (obviously a hypoallergenic model), and a "matching" roadtrip x20 that i could try. I would participate in the roadtrip and would subsequently, and undoubtedly, continue to extoll the virtue of Emerald here on AGF.

Win win!!

In the meantime a huge thank you to the person who bought Ray's red X20. That was like passing me a huge tablet of Beano and giving me a warm place to stay tonight
Old 03-15-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I hope you have learned from this. It is important to NOT say that you will sell any other guitars "to fund the next." Feel free to think it, just do not say those words out loud.

You're welcome.

Cap, consider me a slow learner, the old ball and chain however is not. That being said, I did learn a lot more about washing dishes, laundry and other house chores that I normally don't do in the last few weeks!
Old 03-15-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
I think we should have a "matching" fund raising type thing. You would be safe from the lady friend because you spent no money. The forum could raise the needed money for a couple Emeralds; a custom nylon for you (obviously a hypoallergenic model), and a "matching" roadtrip x20 that i could try. I would participate in the roadtrip and would subsequently, and undoubtedly, continue to extoll the virtue of Emerald here on AGF.

Win win!!

In the meantime a huge thank you to the person who bought Ray's red X20. That was like passing me a huge tablet of Beano and giving me a warm place to stay tonight
I like it! I like it a lot. Or maybe you can convince Kramster to just outright donate us a couple guitars (permanent) from his collection.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Cap, consider me a slow learner, the old ball and chain however is not. That being said, I did learn a lot more about washing dishes, laundry and other house chores that I normally don't do in the last few weeks!
Being the helpful kinda guy I am, allow me to pass a bit of advice along, learned in nearly 47 years of married bliss: use of the phrase "the old ball and chain" will come back to bite you in the butt. I suggest replacing that with "my darling wife."

At some point, you will slip and say "the old ball and chain" in her presence... and then you will find she is not only a quick learner, but she also has a long memory.

I am fortunate that my darling wife is a supporter of my guitar interests; some might even say an enabler. I say: my equal partner. But, I don't ever say "the old ball and chain." Being a retired boat captain, I can tell you what happens when you go into the water with a "ball and chain."

She is the one that insisted I call Sweetwater about that Silent Guitar. I said, "I am running out of space in the guitar room."

She said, "I'll order some more guitar hangers and we'll change things around."

See how that works?
Old 03-15-2019, 10:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
If I read it right, it sold in 3 days ! That is pretty darn good. And the buyer got a great deal !
Old 03-15-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Being the helpful kinda guy I am, allow me to pass a bit of advice along, learned in nearly 47 years of married bliss: use of the phrase "the old ball and chain" will come back to bite you in the butt. I suggest replacing that with "my darling wife."

At some point, you will slip and say "the old ball and chain" in her presence... and then you will find she is not only a quick learner, but she also has a long memory.

I am fortunate that my darling wife is a supporter of my guitar interests; some might even say an enabler. I say: my equal partner. But, I don't ever say "the old ball and chain." Being a retired boat captain, I can tell you what happens when you go into the water with a "ball and chain."

She is the one that insisted I call Sweetwater about that Silent Guitar. I said, "I am running out of space in the guitar room."

See how that works?

All joking aside Captain 47 years is pretty darn cool. Congrats!

I’m going on 22 and thought I was on a winning streak? It hasn’t all been peachy but she is a keeper! I’ve learned to lose some “fights” [emoji16]
Old 03-15-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:

See how that works?
Yes I can see it works out pretty darn good for you. I have to say that I was of course only kidding. I'm sure you figured that out, but than nobody knows me here personally so consider it "talking tough". Now you can laugh at me when I tell you that I always refer to her as "honey" and the only time I call her by name is when I'm mad. She's very supportive of me playing guitar and loves to sit and listen. The Gibson situation I mentioned was real though she thought I had that planned all along, which I honestly didn't.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes I can see it works out pretty darn good for you. I have to say that I was of course only kidding. I'm sure you figured that out, but than nobody knows me here personally so consider it "talking tough". Now you can laugh at me when I tell you that I always refer to her as "honey" and the only time I call her by name is when I'm mad. She's very supportive of me playing guitar and loves to sit and listen. The Gibson situation I mentioned was real though she thought I had that planned all along, which I honestly didn't.

And for the record, if any guy tells you he understands his wife in all circumstances... well, I am not that guy. And I would not trust that guy. Over the years, however, I have learned to heed the words of the English playwright William Congreve: "Hell hath no fury like..." Well, you know the rest.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:

And for the record, if any guy tells you he understands his wife in all circumstances... well, I am not that guy. And I would not trust that guy. Over the years, however, I have learned to heed the words of the English playwright William Congreve: "Hell hath no fury like..." Well, you know the rest.
Yes this is very true!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber